First timer

irf1983

FNG
I got my first mule deer tag this year for 3rd rifle in central colorado. The area im hunting is mostly wintering grounds at about 9k’ with one main ridgeline up to 10k’. I hunted elk in this area last year during 2nd rifle and saw a couple does but thats it. Saw some nice bucks on adjacent private land and i know some decent bucks have been taken there. I am about to finish Robby Denning’s book which has been great. I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions for good books to read about hunting mulies or even just mule deer behavior/habitat. Also any suggestions or tips for a first timer hunting in this kind of terrain would be bery much appreciated. Obviously I’d love a big buck, but i’m not going to be too picky my first time. Meat in the freezer is more important to me. Thanks in advance!

Wintering grounds at 9,000 feet. I've never heard of that. After the start of November many of the bucks are moving towards lower country at least in different parts of Idaho that I hunt. Snow is a variable.

George

Lil-Rokslider
Bucks are rolling through 7,000' heading south here in November.

The neighborhood girls here at 7,800 also drop down in November.

Snow or no snow.

G