Fishing destination ideas-HELP WANTED

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Google Chandeluer Island flats fishing for big reds & trout on one of the all inclusive mothership boats that leave out of Biloxi or the MS coast. Most of 2-3 day trips for 6-12 people. It’s a bucket list trip for me for sure.

I’m kinda of partial but, the outer banks is hard to beat as long as it’s not an early winter.

Charter a Gulf Stream trip. Charter some sound fishing for flounder, striper, and sheepshead. And surf fish for big reds and trout the rest of the time.

Most boats hold 6 fishermen. If you did three charters, splitting it 5 ways, you’ll have $800 a piece in them all. Minus tips for trips with a first mate. Which will only be on a Gulf Stream charter.

The beach fishing should be really good. The charters will be off the planet too. You’ll bring home many meals home with you too. It’s a great time.

Mojave

WKR
Epic to me means Canada lodge based remote in the North West Territories, Manitoba, Alaska, Yukon, Saskatchewan, Quebec, or British Columbia. Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland if you like Cold weather and want to fly a bit more.

Mongolia for taimen if you want the most epic fishing trip on the planet.

If you like hot weather tiger fish in Zimbabwe or Zambia.

Dorado in Argentina.

Anything in New Zealand.

GT or Barramundi in Australia's top end.

There are some private ranch fishing locations in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana and Wyoming.

If you want a traditional bachelor party location, and traditional bachelor party activities "naked women" something near Reno or in Spain where stuff is legal. Or Hawaii where there is a lot of action outside the boat.

JD Jones

WKR
I didn’t read much past the first few responses but I saw a six pack recommended and after living in San Diego 9+ years before going home to Texas, I’d say do that. Don’t overthink it and plus, after fishing you boys can enjoy some fine night life if you’re into that as well. In the context of this request that makes the most sense to me. There’s a lil something for everyone

GT as recommended above also would be one for the books too

Rambo85

FNG
Giant dinosaur sturgeon on the Columbia! That’s what I’d do! Plus general bachelor fun can be easily had in Portland

In no order:
Alaska salmon and trout
Northern Rocky Mountain trout
San Diego long range boats
Florida keys
Venice la
Outer banks
Bahamas

Best expensive freshwater-Argentina fly
Best expensive saltwater trip-costa rica

Marble

WKR
Ya'll could fly into New Orleans and fish out of Venice, LA. Some of the best saltwater fishing you can find. You can go out and fish the 'blue water' or you can fish the marsh area and fish for red fish and speckled trout.
I've fished there and it was epic. Pretty oodles seafood and decent weather too.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Without a budget, I will throw out waterfall resort in se Alaska. The resort is top notch, completely in the boonies about 20 miles from Craig, can only get there by boat or plane, and they have access to some of the most epic fisheries in the country.

My buddy runs a boat for them every summer, and the caliber of ocean kings they get is amazing. For a fishing trip of a lifetime, I think it’s hard to beat
Holy balls that place is expensive! I want to go with my dad and brother one summer fishing in Alaska. But it ain't gonna be somewhere that costs $25k for a week for the three of us.

SloppyJ

WKR
I've had a great time in Venice, LA but went on my buddy's boat overnight 100mi offshore. Can't wait to do that again.

Another very memorable trip that wasn't too expensive was a 3 day paddle/fishing trip down the Black Canyon leaving out of Gunnison, CO. Fished for trout and got to camp on a beautiful bluff. The guys I went with have been on this trip before but they always use Dvorak Adventures. Would really like to take my son to do this when he gets a bit older.

LoggerDan

WKR
Sol Duc steelhead, in western Washington or the calawah. Sturgeon on the Columbia. Giant fish!

the Bitteroot is a fun river.

Hard to beat Hatteras on outer banks or Venice la as already stated. I’d love to do panama or Costa Rica one day, heard great things about tropic star lodge.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I have the privilege of being my best friends best man (for the second time) this November and along with that get to plan something memorable for him as a bachelor “party” beforehand. He is an avid fisherman which I can’t say about myself so I need some guidance from you who are. I’m looking for ideas for an adventure based around fishing for 6 guys. Most of us have extensive experience camping, backpacking, and paddling and are not afraid to travel. One is coming from Denver, one from VA, and the rest from SE PA. Budget has not been established but like anything else, the cheaper the better. Some preliminary thoughts are boundary waters, Canada cabin on a lake, tropical bungalow, float trip etc…
He was good enough to go along with me as a non hunter on a backpack elk 2 years ago so help me give back to him on an awesome fishing adventure.
Appreciate any advice y’all can send my way.
Thanks
Jesse
I didn’t read all of the post, but I know you mentioned the boundary waters as an option. That was the single best fishing I’ve ever witnessed, and according to all of our research we were there during the off season. 40-50 per day, countless smallmouth over 3 pounds, a couple over 5, biggest over 6. Several pike over 30”, handful of walleye as well. Caught largemouth, yellow perch, bluegill, and sunfish as well.

You could basically call your shots. It was the most textbook fishing I’ve ever seen, if it looked like there could be a fish there, there was.

With that being said, the more front country lakes that were easy access were full of people and we only caught small fish. If you’re willing to take 3-4 portages on a week long trip you can get back to where we didn’t see another person for 3 days. That’s where the best fishing was. Feel free to shoot me a pm for our route and campsites.

One other thing worth looking into, what kind of fishing does he prefer? A lot of guys don’t care and fishing is fishing, but I know a lot of guys that really only care about targeting a single species. I.e. only bass, or only trout, only redfish, only specs, etc.

Fullfan

WKR
Yellow creek trout inc. Indiana county pa. 2-3 miles of private stocked creek. Fly fishing paradise. Very remote with two cabins for rent. Just an idea. My son did this when he was a best man. Took the entire grooms party. Fri-Sun was 200.00 per guy

Oregon

WKR
Google Chandeluer Island flats fishing for big reds & trout on one of the all inclusive mothership boats that leave out of Biloxi or the MS coast. Most of 2-3 day trips for 6-12 people. It’s a bucket list trip for me for sure.
That's exactly what I was going to recommend. I have never done it, but it's definitely worthy of a look. You have non stop fishing, "normally" a flat ocean(no rocking and rolling), all inclusive, warm weather.
For a fun bachelor party I'd much rather do that than a pelagic trip on the big pond.

Isn't most of Washington closed or limited on steelhead fishing? Can't even fish out of a boat etc. sad.
It’s certainly not what it was, and I agree, very sad. I think they still have some good fisheries, but it’s not on my bucket list anymore. Se Alaska has some insane steelhead fishing still, and a lot of it sees virtually no pressure. Most of it is a spring show up there. I think April is peak season for most of those rivers, and there are still a lot of legendary sized fish up there, like the OP used to be

Oregon

WKR
It’s certainly not what it was, and I agree, very sad. I think they still have some good fisheries, but it’s not on my bucket list anymore. Se Alaska has some insane steelhead fishing still, and a lot of it sees virtually no pressure. Most of it is a spring show up there. I think April is peak season for most of those rivers, and there are still a lot of legendary sized fish up there, like the OP used to be
My buddy caught 3 20# steelhead in one day last week. But, he was fishing on the Rez. They have it figured out on how to actually put fish in a crick and catch a lot of them in 2-3 years.
I cut my teeth on SE Ak steelheading 35 years ago. 20 fish days were the norm.

My buddy caught 3 20# steelhead in one day last week. But, he was fishing on the Rez. They have it figured out on how to actually put fish in a crick and catch a lot of them in 2-3 years.
I cut my teeth on SE Ak steelheading 35 years ago. 20 fish days were the norm.
Quinault? That’s the one fishery that stands out to me, but the native hatcheries in Washington state are incredibly productive, and we could have the same results if it wasn’t for politics and special interest groups trying to shut down all hatchery programs. Another prime example of delusional management not working out… weird. Pretty frustrating