Fixed head penetration

Tim G

FNG
After 30 years of traditional bows I've settled in on a compound. My bow is a 60lb RX3 @ 27" draw. Have you guys seen much difference in penetration between a 3 and 4 blade fixed head?

Btaylor

WKR
Same things apply with a compound as they do with a stick. Total arrow weight, FOC, cutting diameter, blade angle, blade sharpness all factor in to terminal performance. All the stuff you have been shooting for years will still work. That said, if i was buying new it would be Iron Wills or Day Six in a four cut or VPA in a 3.

Beendare

WKR
After 30 years of traditional bows I've settled in on a compound. My bow is a 60lb RX3 @ 27" draw. Have you guys seen much difference in penetration between a 3 and 4 blade fixed head?

Where I've seen a variation- all else being equal- is a tapered design out penetrates the short hard angled blade heads.

Plus the tapered design puts less blade in contact with Hair,Hide and bone.....but even then with the excess energy in a compound its not typically a big deal either way.

I do like that the tapered designs hold blade sharpness better through the animal.