FL Catalyst foundry 3rd times a charm?

Bonesauce

FNG
I bought catalyst foundry pants about a year and a half ago, all in all they’ve been my favorite pants ever. I run cold so I’ve found these to be perfect for bowhunting whitetails from the ground all season long with appropriate layering.

Problem is I’ve had to warranty them twice now, both for a zipper pulling apart around the ankle. Each pair had only been worn on 5-10 hunts, and nothing more than walking the big woods.

My question is what would you do with the brand new in-bag replacement set? Live with it and hope they warranty the third pair if this issue pops up again? Sell them and look for alternatives? I’ve searched high and low for something with all the same features (knee pads, full zip, insulation) to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Bump79

WKR

Bump79

WKR
I hadn't tried them but they seem to fit your description of what you're looking for.

Voyageur

WKR
If you can't find a better built suitable substitute you could take your brand new replacement pair to a seamstress and preemptively reinforce the zipper stitching before it blows.

Can you describe a bit more what failed w the zipper? I have them and love them, but only worn them a handful of times. Hoping they don’t have the same issue.

OP
B

Bonesauce

FNG
@Bump79 - Those look like an interesting option. I'll look into them. Anyone have first hand experience with these?

@Voyageur - I thought about super gluing the fabric where it was fraying, but other than tearing them apart and adding a totally new zippers I'm not sure what else could be done. I like them a lot but the idea of needing to alter brand new $240 pants makes me cringe.

OP
B

Bonesauce

FNG
Can you describe a bit more what failed w the zipper? I have them and love them, but only worn them a handful of times. Hoping they don’t have the same issue.
The fabric part of the zipper began fraying apart and if left longer the plastic teeth portion of the zipper would have been attached on one side (Not sure if that makes sense). Same thing happened on both pairs.