FL kanab 2.0 likes/dislike

handwerk

WKR
I know there are many fans of these pants, but also some folks who seem to not like them. As I'm several hundred miles from a FL retailer can you chime in on the pro and cons of these pants and their fit?

Trial153

WKR
I had the 1.0 and the 2.0.
The 2.0 was an improvement in durability for me, fit was a little on the loose side but very comfortable. I don't like the pocket lay out or the button on the legs. While there was a time I would have been very happy with Kanabs as my go to pants, now I think there are much better options.

They are the only pants I wear. I wear them for work, hiking, hunting, whatever. My only complaint is the lack of colors.

Can't say much yet as mine just arrived yesturday but the fit is great for me. I'm 6'5" and 220 lbs so I went with the large talls. I have room for a base layer and they are plenty long enough. Inseam was my biggest fear due to my height but so far so good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jtw

WKR
I love the kanabs. I've tried a lot of different pants, in general I'm not a fan of synthetics. I love the wool on these pants. I love the new cut, the old cut was a little baggy in the seat. I actually like the pocket configuration altough admittedly I never use my back pockets in any pants.The pants also breath well enough that if they get wet they dry out super fast. Synthetics dry fast too but they're colder than wool when doing so and if they're durable (heavier) they take longer to dry.

What I don't like: The buttons near the knees. I don't use them, never will. Even if I did use them there's no reason for that large of a button. Luckily they're easy to remove.

charvey9

WKR
They quickly became my favorite pants when I started wearing them. I have couple pairs now, ant they are all I wear. Very comfortable, breathe well, dry extremely fast. I did not care much for the button on the side (used to roll up your pant legs and tie them off), and just removed that. The only issue I have ever had was the stiches on the crotch of one pair coming loose. FL replaced them no questions asked and got me a new pair with just a few days turnaround.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine. They fit well and are comfortable for days at a time. I will probably pick up a pair of the guide pants to try next but I have no issues with the Kanab 2s

twall13

WKR
As others have mentioned, the button on the legs is my biggest complaint, but again, that's easily removed. I prefer the pocket layout on the Corrugates but the Kanabs aren't bad in that regard. They breath really well, dry quickly and are quiet. To me they aren't quite as comfortable as the Corrugates but it's a close call. The Corrugates have a good DWR coating and are way more durable but they also make more noise when moving.

In all reality it doesn't matter much, but if it's a concern to you the wool coloring differs from the nylon coloring of the fusion camo. It's fairly noticeable between my Chama and my Corrugates. The Kanabs coloring matches the Chama much better, but again, when it comes down to it there are much more important things than you camo matching perfectly.

I can see that happening. I usually wear a set of gaitors over the lower leg of the pant and it keeps them from interfering with my leg.

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I just don't like the cargo pockets in front. I love the pants but i wish the pockets were on the side

jtw

WKR
I actually prefer the pockets up front. Side pockets seem to sway more with stuff in them. It could just be me too though.

Oz Bow

FNG
I agree with the pockets in front as being both a good idea and well executed in regards to placement. Cargo pockets on the side now feel more of a hold over from when all pants were BDU based.

The 2.0 is definitely a better pant than version 1.
Better articulation and well thought out stretch panels. I did prefer the lower profile buttons on the first version, however I have modded mine (2.0) which has improved them over either version in my opinion.

Please see my thread in the DIY Gear Modifications for more specific details re. the button mods.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/49934-kanab-2-0-mod.html

Fit wise for me they are great, loose in the legs without being baggy and really comfortable across a range of temperatures. The ripstop merino feels great against the skin even if sweaty.

If someone said I could only have one pant the Kanab 2.0 would be it. If I had the option of 2 then the Corrugate would be my number 2