FL Trace

OP
switchback7
Im thinking about off loading some of my Wick pieces, but want to know the durability of these first. Maybe ill just pony up and try em, too.

Maybe I'm missing something but why is it DWR treated to resist moisture? Wouldn't you want it to wick the moisture from your skin and spread it out over the fabric to evaporate quicker? It's supposed to be a hot (90°) shirt.

Screenshot_20230411_160541_Gmail.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something but why is it DWR treated to resist moisture? Wouldn't you want it to wick the moisture from your skin and spread it out over the fabric to evaporate quicker? It's supposed to be a hot (90°) shirt.

View attachment 541800
that is the problem that i had with the kuiu tiburon top. it wouldnt soak up moisture so it got really clammy. I think it was the same material as the paints like these are. I will stick with the wick, kuiu gila and sitka lw for tops but these pants look epic i'm going to get a pair. just wish they were made by sitka but I'll be ordering a pair

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
21F36E39-1BFE-45FB-B7ED-94BF5BEA716A.jpeg

I wore them last year. Used them early archery season mostly as those were the warmest temps. I thought they did well for the conditions, hip vents were nice, the fit is slim and comfortable. They are a lightweight pant, so keep in mind they probably aren’t going to be bomb proof busting brush. But for typical mountain hunting I didn’t have issues.

View attachment 541868

I wore them last year. Used them early archery season mostly as those were the warmest temps. I thought they did well for the conditions, hip vents were nice, the fit is slim and comfortable. They are a lightweight pant, so keep in mind they probably aren’t going to be bomb proof busting brush. But for typical mountain hunting I didn’t have issues.
What's your opinion on the crotch vents? I've never had a pair of pants that had them but I'm a firm believer in hip vents.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
They look like the same material as the tiburon from kuiu. Maybe these fit a little less baggy. I probably gonna get a pair to try out, archery in north west Florida can be hot…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's your opinion on the crotch vents? I've never had a pair of pants that had them but I'm a firm believer in hip vents.
They are more of an entrance into the thigh pockets over vents in my opinion. They do function as venting, but if you have a bunch of stuff in those pockets it’ll fall out with those vents open.

OP
switchback7
View attachment 541868

Were able to test the QZ ?

If those inner thigh zippers just go into the pockets that seems kind of pointless. Id be curious to see these compared to the SG 206 pant. I really like the stone glacier pants and feel like these are just kind of a rush to copy and compete with them.