Floatplane Transporters - Fairbanks, AK

MRosdahl

FNG
Hi-

I was wondering if any of you guys had suggestions for reputable floatplane transporters out of Fairbanks who fly a Cessna 180 with floats or smaller?

The transporter that I had used in the past is no longer in operations.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mike

I was in the same boat. They are few and far between out of fairbanks for finding one that is 1) available, 2) reputable, 3) reasonably priced with available being the hardest to find. Anchorage has numerous options but as that goes, so does the increased pressure on the hunting ground. Be prepared to $1,500 an hour even in a super cub, up to $3k an hour for a 180. If anyone else has a different experience I would want to know as well. Love going to hunt in Alaska

mooster

WKR
Same boat here, grounded as a result . The only solution I found was to travel by car to close the distance to another pilot at a crazy price. Now the add to the crazy price, car rental (even for days in bush), and then added distance for the logistics of meat transport. I’m not that far from considering a guided hunt. I’m going to chase something else for a year or two and hope some kind of balance is achieved as supply and demand aren’t in sync.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wright Air bought out Brooks Range Aviation out of Bettles, so they might have some new planes on floats. I believe BRA had Otters and Beavers on floats, don't recall a cessna on floats but doubt it.

VernAK

WKR
Another aspect of this issue is the shortage of pilots. Many of the older operators are getting toward retirement and unable to hire qualified younger pilots. Many businesses are experiencing hiring issues.