WTB Fly fishing / camping gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Fumed Silica powder on ebay is the same thing you buy in the tiny bottle at a fly shop. I'm all about supporting my local fly shop but you can buy a gallon for $25. Guiding I go thru a lot but a gallon will last most folks 5-10 years. Nippers get a pair of Dollar store fingernail clippers. Other than the cool looking factor you'll never know the difference. You'll never catch more fish with a set of the expensive ones and you won't be near as mad if you loose them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I tie most of my own flies so the eyes are clear of glue and most store bought flies are open as well. You can always use a hook point as well.

Vandy321

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Also, you can make your own years supply of indicators with about $5 in macrame yarn, $3 for a pack of orthodontics rubber bands and maybe $1 for a spool of thread. Look up Dorsey Yarn Indicator

For your net...If you have waders, just tuck your net handle into your wader belt in front of your hip pack, no need for a magnet deal, they're weird anyways, it sucks to have have net dangling around on your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.