Flying out moose hunting today

OP
A

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for your support folks. This trip was more of a healing process than I explain here. The magic that the bush can impart in me is like nothing else. And when I started this trip I was a bit intrepid. But everything turned out better than I could have imagined. A good friend that actually helped me stake this land in minus 25 weather and took a week. Flew his little piper cub out. He's a great woodsman n we got a couple wheelers going. Plenty of firewood put up for a while. And the generator shed transformed into a walk in cooler. He missed a shot on a big black bear that he first saw on the trail heading to the cabin. The flight out was bumby but nice. Saw a moose and 2 bear. One thing I noticed was the lack of swans n geese and spruce hens. There is a swan nest on mom's pond out front and it has always had birds.
I'll be back out in a week. And much more comfortable and confident in my abilities. And I appreciate the support this group has given me. I'm not pro hunter or anyone special, just a guy with a passion for the out of doors. I've been blessed to have this opportunity in my life and with the support of my family and good friends I now have a place that will allow me to continue hunting and just getting out when ever I want with family n friends. Or just by myself. I kinda like that to.
Thanks for all you do