FNG from Colorado

jphares44

FNG
Long-time lurker on the site. I've learned a lot from others on here, and hope to contribute here where I can. I like the @Shoot2Hunt podcast so much, I figured this is where all the cool people hang out.

A little about me...I've lived in CO for about 15 years but originally from Kansas City, MO. Diehard KC sports fan. Fairly new to big game hunting (4 yrs) and still looking to punch that first elk tag. Hunting OTC the last 4 years has helped me learn a lot by doing a lot of failing and making mistakes. Also new to reloading (1 yr.), so I'm constantly trying to tinker with loads for a rifle that is likely more capable than I ever will be. Love fishing, and do a trip to Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario every year. Also love camping, hiking, golfing, playing guitar, and just about anything that has to do with the outdoors.

Looking forward to continue learning from others and chip in where I can!

Josh

OP
jphares44

jphares44

FNG
Forgot to mention, Army veteran. Served in Iraq 2003-2004. I know there's a lot of other vets on this site, and I thank you for your service!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, Josh.

Eddie

I’ll add I spent a bunch of time in Colorado as well. Met my wife there! Guess it was good to me and I hope it is to you

OP
jphares44

jphares44

FNG
I’ll add I spent a bunch of time in Colorado as well. Met my wife there! Guess it was good to me and I hope it is to you
Nice! Yeah, there's a lot to like here. I met my wife here as well and it was sure hard to leave!

OP
jphares44

jphares44

FNG
RS is a pretty cool site. They keep political crap to a minimum.

What side of the mountains are you on?
The "other" side, although, my wife and I have seriously considered moving farther west, more toward your neck of the woods.