FNG from Indiana

Basher

FNG
Howdy! I’ve known about Rokslide for years but never signed up for some reason. My interests in the past have primarily been in competitive shooting with ARs, handguns, and precision rifles when I lived back in AZ. However, we moved to Indiana just shy of a year ago, and since then I’ve taken more of an interest in hunting and other outdoor activities, hence my finally joining here. I have a LOT to learn, but hopefully I can offer some helpful info in return.

As far as my hunting interests, I’m looking mainly at small game and varmints. The smaller calibers used for such hunting are often more economical, or they just hold my interest better for some reason. Additionally, you get more “action” hunting smaller game, whereas big game hunting is done once you’ve filled your tag (and now the “work” starts since you have to process the animal). I’m absolutely NOT against going for deer or anything, but we also have goofy caliber laws here requiring straight-wall cases on public land, and at present I don’t own any of those whereas I have plenty of firearms I can use for the small stuff.

I do also have a bow I impulse purchased a few years ago. I know nothing about bows, but they seem like a fun challenge, and for the amount I paid, I felt I had little to lose. I need to find a good bow shop nearby that can look it over and see if it’ll even be a decent fit for me, but one thing at a time lol.

Anyway, glad to finally join this place as it’s been a useful resource during my lurking years! :)

OP
B

Basher

FNG
Welcome! If you're looking for a good bow shop I'd check out Bass & Bucks in Wabash.

I’ve heard good things about their shop AND range. Bit of a drive, but bot unreasonable. I was up in Warsaw until October of last year and drove by them 1-2x a week on my way to Frankfort for work, so maybe I need to actually pay them a visit lol. Thanks!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Travis907

WKR
Welcome from another fellow Hoosier! Lots of good bow shops around to get your bow set up! Bow season is a great time of year to be in the Indiana woods!