FNG from Louisiana

Hey guys! I'm not really new but lost access to my old email and forum account and figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm a lifelong hunter from Louisiana. Primarily hunt in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. Deer, ducks, hogs etc.

I have been reloading for about 16 years. Love shooting and handloading. Between kids, sports, work and more work I don't often have time to get out and do it, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming deer season!

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

😯 there are so many of us. Do any of you guys hunt public here, or am I the only dummy?

I'm likely heading to Louisiana next summer and I'm also curious what the quality of the public land hunting is.
Depends on what portion of Louisiana you’re speaking of, it’s all different. South of I10 is pretty much all swamp and some rough times. A lot of work for not so big deer. It’s also very hard to pattern in the swamp, the deer seem to be very erratic. North of I10 there are loads of hard-bottom woods, pines/oaks and such.

I’ve hunted some public land (Loggy Bayou) but much prefer to be on a lease or private land instead
My dad used to hunt out there, by red river, and three rivers, good hunting but oh so many people. The Kisatchie has some nice hunting too, I have a buddy who lives in Pollock. I hunt a bit further south, on the outskirts of New Orleans.

Always nice to know that there are some locals here. Welcome back. Good luck this season, and stay safe out there.