FNG from NC

Drop in to say a few words. I have been throwing the idea of a backcountry rifle hunt for elk or mule deer for a at least 3-4 years now. I haven't jumped yet mainly because of my weight I guess. I'm 6'3" and was right at 300 lbs. Horrible shape I guess you could say ( for me anyway). I have started following a Keto diet pretty close and am down to 255 right now. I am really getting serious about a hunt next year. It will probably be to Colorado but I am not sure my best options so that is still very open to change.

There is a ton of info on this site and I really enjoy browsing through everything. Sometimes I just feel like it would be a big help to actually talk to someone that is very experienced and willing to help a guy like me out. This stuff can really get overwhelming for a guy that is having to go 3/4 way across the country to hunt. From just getting what you need to go to actually sitting down and having a comprehensive plan for your hunt, it is a lot to take in. That might be part of why I am so interested to finally do this.

All advice is welcome, Thanks for any input.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Chad. Congratulations on your wieght loss not an easy task. You should definitely reward yourself with an Western hunt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk