FNG From VA New to Trad

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
New guy here from VA. Been shooting compound for a while and just dove into the trad world... gonna need all the help I can get lol

Welcome to Rokslide and welcome to stickbows!
Where are you in VA? Sherwood Archers in Roanoke has a good group of trad bow shooters if you are in the area and looking to learn and have fun.

OP
K

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to Rokslide and welcome to stickbows!
Where are you in VA? Sherwood Archers in Roanoke has a good group of trad bow shooters if you are in the area and looking to learn and have fun.
Hey thanks I appreciate that, I definitely will have to check them out, Im in the Lynchburg area, not too far.

They've held the Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous in early June for the last 12 or 13 years. This year is planned for June 6/7 but the pandemic has things up in the air at the moment. If they get to go forward it would be worth the drive from Lynchburg.

Bond007

FNG
I just signed up too and now need to post 10 responses so I can start using the classified section. I’ve always enjoyed these forums

OP
K

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
They've held the Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous in early June for the last 12 or 13 years. This year is planned for June 6/7 but the pandemic has things up in the air at the moment. If they get to go forward it would be worth the drive from Lynchburg.
Thanks Ill look into that

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
+1
f.png

DWinVA

WKR

+2

Welcome to Rokslide & the Tradlife.

God Bless.

Welcome to Rokslide. No shortage of opportunity for the stickbow in Virginia, as you know! Just beware, the big bucks like to show up when you have the stickbow just to taunt you from out of range or humiliate you when you miss!

OP
K

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to Rokslide. No shortage of opportunity for the stickbow in Virginia, as you know! Just beware, the big bucks like to show up when you have the stickbow just to taunt you from out of range or humiliate you when you miss!
Seems that way, started to see that with a turkey already! Thankfully I didnt have that "I wish I had my compound moment" I was just super jacked watching the bird work its way in...then away

Missed this earlier. Welcome!

I decided to give up the training wheels this year for hunting as well.

I'm located central valley but travel through your area pretty often to a lease down south.