For the ones running Maven Binos. Which Tripod Adapter?

Luked

WKR
For you all running the Mavens. Which tripod adapter are you using?
Need to get one but wanted to see if you all are running the Maven one or something else.

Any of the standard 1/4 20’thread ones work, I’m using the wiser precision clamp. They all work for the mavens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN2shot07

WKR
Depending on your budget, I think the outdoorsman’s is the nicest but also most expensive. I have an Aziak clamp on my 10x42’s because it came with them, no issues with it either.

Outdoorsman's. If you're smarter than me you'll figure out a way to tether the post to your tripod or something so you don't lose it. I've walked away from a couple.

I used the outdoorsmans for awhile...switched to Tricer which isn't as nicely machined but is lighter and works just as well.

Outdoorsman’s adapter for me super fast and easy I can leave it on the tripod and snap the binos on very quickly. I had my binos off and tripod put away before [mention]KevinMartinez1 [/mention] even had his off the tripod

svivian

WKR
Another vote for the aziak bino adapter especially if using a tripod head that takes an arca plate

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I had the Outdoorsmans arca mount.

I liked the idea of the Wiser Precision rig that could stay on the binos so I bought it but immediately returned it. I couldn't get it to work right. Maybe it was operator error, either way I was done effing with it.

My outdoorsman mount sits in the "call" pouch on my bino harness and I ran a piece of paracord thru the pouch and tied a knot around it.

Marshfly

WKR
I went with the KDC one on my son's Maven C binos since I already had that same setup on my Swaros. I think the biggest consideration is to make sure you choose an option that will work for not only that binocular but any you choose to use in the future. It's nice to be able to swap mounts and such for different uses.

ElPollo

WKR
I have the outdoorsman stud on my 12x50s. I carry my binos in a Marsupial Gear harness that is barely big enough. The outdoorsman stud does not affect how they fit in the harness and it doesn’t get in the way of your hands. I’ve heard of people bending them, but have not had that issue. It works great for me for glassing. I probably spend 20x more time behind binos on a tripod than a spotter.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
That was one thing I was wondering about with the Tripod stud is leaving it on while having the binos in my Chest rig.

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoorsman’s adapter for me super fast and easy I can leave it on the tripod and snap the binos on very quickly. I had my binos off and tripod put away before [mention]KevinMartinez1 [/mention] even had his off the tripod

Slow and methodical

nobody

WKR
I think the biggest consideration is to make sure you choose an option that will work for not only that binocular but any you choose to use in the future. It's nice to be able to swap mounts and such for different uses.
This is super critical as far as I’m concerned, and is the reason I use a cradle type mount for my binos. Nothing permanently affixed to the optics, and I can easily swap between multiple binos if I want to, including other people’s. Plus the cradle doubles as a shooting rest if needed, and lays flat in my pack when not mounted to the tripod.

I used a few different post and stud type mounts and switched to a cradle a few years ago, I’ll never go back. I’ve used the cradle through a few different binocular upgrades over the years, and will now be using it with my B2 11x45’s