FORMADILIOUS.........I'm calling you OUT!!

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider
Ok I feel like a total noob here. Do share if there was something previous about Rokslide combo #1? Is this for training or general purpose medium to small game? I feel like I missed something pretty key here.

Ok I feel like a total noob here. Do share if there was something previous about Rokslide combo #1? Is this for training or general purpose medium to small game? I feel like I missed something pretty key here.

What @PNWGATOR linked is what you need to read.

Once you are done next month you can then start into the semi custom tikka build thread.

I'm curious why the 6CM is an obvious as second rather than the 22-250?

It seems to me that there's a lack of factory rifles for the 6CM and a lack of heavy factory ammo for the 22-250.

So you're stuck either reloading or rebarreling?

I'm sure I'm missing something though...

I'm thinking I'll either have enough holiday funds for one of three things.
1.) Suppressor
2.) Reloading
3.) Form's Special

jfs82

WKR
I'm curious why the 6CM is an obvious as second rather than the 22-250?

It seems to me that there's a lack of factory rifles for the 6CM and a lack of heavy factory ammo for the 22-250.

So you're stuck either reloading or rebarreling?

I'm sure I'm missing something though...

I'm thinking I'll either have enough holiday funds for one of three things.
1.) Suppressor
2.) Reloading
3.) Form's Special
The specific question was as the second for states where .224 is not legal for big game.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
This:

Plus this:

Plus this:

Equals one hell of a rifle.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
If you want a 223 - an AR15 is a great option and more versatile than a Tikka bolt rifle.
For bullets, I’ve had fantastic success with Hornady 75gr BTHP on game. They act like a Berger, but I tend to get a little more penetration with them. I like them better than the 77 TMK as they hold together better on bone.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
For a scope, look at a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40. They are cheap and in my experience rock solid reliable. They are not a dialing scope, but if your shooting deer with a 223 you probably are not shooting much past 300 yards, so it’s not needed.

Dobermann

WKR
What @PNWGATOR linked is what you need to read.

Once you are done next month you can then start into the semi custom tikka build thread.
And then all of the field testing of optics in the Long Range Shooting sub-forum, as well as all the discussions, in the belief that surely there must be a better option than the SWFA 3-9 ... until you synthesize it all and realise there probably isn't, and you could have spend all that time shooting instead.

When was the last time someone saw swfa 3-9s in stock? I’m approaching 2 years of waiting on a replacement.
2-12 Helos is a better scope
The limiting factor is really the unblemished 77 tmks.
80 gn ELDM performs similarly just shorten the block in your magazine
I don’t want to hijack but I would love to hear forms suggestions for a rifle/chambering for those of us in a state that does not allow 22 caliber for big game hunting
Tikka 243, 87 VMax for fun and 95BT for serious work

@Castle Rock does a lot of damage with one.........
It is a fun rifle for sure and performance is eye opening but I would be just as happy with a 243 even though the 10 twist is not ideal
BUT if they would only build a 7 twist 6CM it would be the ultimate allrounder

Last edited: