FOXPRO Fusion - Electronic Caller

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone. I recently upgraded my Foxpro caller from the Fury 1 to the Fusion. Robby has given me the opportunity to write an article about the caller to be released in about a month. We've had it since the first week of January and have called probably 12 coyotes in and killed 9 with it. The new remote and a couple new features have me sold on the upgrade.

Is there anything specific you would like to see covered on the review?

de71b436b94a93e4ad91593700f5e0c1.jpg
12eeeab67690f434d00d41620ae72346.jpg
43f856470f169e8d606454c459184009.jpg
5156e17e320ada8f20fd9e8b6d8e0fd9.jpg
2cb064e5beb8fc236cb308ff15c4df46.jpg
04320534da823270d88109a2dcd565e5.jpg

JC333

FNG
Nice going, I use a Fusion and a Shockwave. Used the Fusion down in Texas last year and saw coyotes coming into the call from 600 yards out, pretty cool. Here in NJ and PA, we don't get to hunt during the day or in big open expanses but we get the job done at night.

SoDaky

WKR
Nice pics but gonna get itchy critters eventually carrying them that way.
Have had Furys/Fusions but Shockwave the last few years.
Please cover the 'remote' in detail-particularly the distance you can get 'out of sight'.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using Foxpro calls for a few years as well. I've called in a lot of coyotes and two wolves with my old Foxpro Fury. I now run the Shockwave and the Fusion and am very happy with them. The biggest upgrade was the remote in my opinion.

Jordan's Fusion review is complete below. Check it out to see how the Fusion and TX1000 remote performed for here this winter.

Foxpro Fusion Predator Call Review

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I have had a FoxPro Firestorm for several years now and have had absolutley zero problems with it, cant say that for the primos turbo dogg i bought once. Foxpro is pretty much the best caller out there IMO

I just bought the fusion and added about 25 new sounds. Still learning and looking forward to reading your review . Any advice is welcome here.

C.Oshlick

FNG
I have a fusion now but I previously had a shockwave. The TX-1000 remote is pretty nice. Learn how to use it and the features that its capable of. Run good batteries and always carry spare AA's for your remote.
Other people claim to get good battery life out of rechargeable AA batteries in their calls however I was unsatisfied with the run time I was getting out of them so I rigged my own Lithium battery pack for the call. Best decision thus far.
If fur were worth more and I was buying again I would buy the new X wave

West.mass.hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a firestorm when it first came and loved the thing. Upgraded to the fusion last year for the categorizing sound feature. Fusion is a bit more difficult to program BUT I'm really happy with it

TheGDog

WKR
I have a fusion now but I previously had a shockwave.
I'm thinking of getting my first FoxPro before too long, so can you please tell me why you elected to go from a shockwave, back down to a fusion? What prompted that move?

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Nice going, I use a Fusion and a Shockwave. Used the Fusion down in Texas last year and saw coyotes coming into the call from 600 yards out, pretty cool. Here in NJ and PA, we don't get to hunt during the day or in big open expanses but we get the job done at night.
i am from central PA. can you recommend an outfitter or group to tag along with to learn the sport?

TheGDog

WKR
i am from central PA. can you recommend an outfitter or group to tag along with to learn the sport?
Brother you don't need to tag along with someone else. Just get out there and do it! And... check out YouTube vids and while watching those vids... note when you see a habitat type more like your own and note how they did the setup.

Biggest thing is making sure your body is plopped down somewhere where you can see the most FOV of the scene, and keep out of their wind, while being backed up into a shadow and up against something that breaks up your outline.

I cannot stress enough the aspect of positioning yourself where you can see the most FOV! One time I'd called a Bobcat to within 7-8yds of myself.... but didn't know it until I was tired and sore from being on the sit for 45 min and decided to call it and finally get up and stretch. Midway standing up I caught sight of the tips of its ears and tip of nose behind a low piece of Rabbit Bush. He was down on all fours... watching the motion decoy. I tried to pull-off slowly rotating the 90 degrees to my right so I could take a shot, and I almost pulled it off... but he eventually ended up catching my scent, and looking dead at me. I froze and waited. Everytime he'd try to sneak a lil more away I'd rotate a lil more and get closer to being on aim. But he'd only go a lil bit each time then stop and look back, at which point I'd freeze again (was wearing leafy suit, definitely get you a leafy suit!).

Anyhoo... just make sure the decoy and caller gets them looking and coming-in such that you won't be in their line-of-sight. And you will do a lot of calling before you find a location where they are actually at. And after you finish calling.... give it another 10 min or so of sitting on the area just in case you get some straggler that's late coming to the party.

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Brother you don't need to tag along with someone else. Just get out there and do it! And... check out YouTube vids and while watching those vids... note when you see a habitat type more like your own and note how they did the setup.

Biggest thing is making sure your body is plopped down somewhere where you can see the most FOV of the scene, and keep out of their wind, while being backed up into a shadow and up against something that breaks up your outline.

I cannot stress enough the aspect of positioning yourself where you can see the most FOV! One time I'd called a Bobcat to within 7-8yds of myself.... but didn't know it until I was tired and sore from being on the sit for 45 min and decided to call it and finally get up and stretch. Midway standing up I caught sight of the tips of its ears and tip of nose behind a low piece of Rabbit Bush. He was down on all fours... watching the motion decoy. I tried to pull-off slowly rotating the 90 degrees to my right so I could take a shot, and I almost pulled it off... but he eventually ended up catching my scent, and looking dead at me. I froze and waited. Everytime he'd try to sneak a lil more away I'd rotate a lil more and get closer to being on aim. But he'd only go a lil bit each time then stop and look back, at which point I'd freeze again (was wearing leafy suit, definitely get you a leafy suit!).

Anyhoo... just make sure the decoy and caller gets them looking and coming-in such that you won't be in their line-of-sight. And you will do a lot of calling before you find a location where they are actually at. And after you finish calling.... give it another 10 min or so of sitting on the area just in case you get some straggler that's late coming to the party.
Thank you so much for suggestions and guidance.

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
I had the fury and a couple years ago picked up the fusion. Only reason for getting the fusion was the remote,with the fury I needed glasses to read it but the fusion is good and clear.

TheGDog

WKR
Thank you so much for suggestions and guidance.

BTW, for more guidance, re: mouth calls - listen to the sound previews of all the call sounds offered by all these manufacturers. Also watch all the coyote hunting vids you can and pay attention to how they sound when they are blowing mouth calls. In order for you to get an idea for how it *should* sound when you're blowing hand calls.

Last year hunting Doves, I pulled off a far for a shotgun shot on a JackRabbit. The shot broke both his femurs. So he was over there just wailing... it was a trip! Because it sounded just like the sounds on my caller! It was kinda neat to have confirmation of what they sound like in real life.

>>> Always bring some hand calls with you as backup. <<<
When you put your remote controller in your pack, make sure it's in there such that it's buttons aren't getting depressed when it's inside the pack. My first time outta the gate... the remote was dead. It was a new battery that I'd installed and tested the night before. I can only surmise the buttons must have been depressed while it was in the pack on the long drive out there. Thankfully I had mouth calls with me. After I finished doing my calling... I decided I was going to follow along up a draw to go over to another ridge a ways away. While I was down in that draw... I always pride myself on trying to walk as quietly as possible... up ahead of me a bit down in the draw... Oh sh*t! I see a coyote boppin' along! He was being sneaky and using that draw as a way to travel downwind of what was my location while calling, so that he could check the wind on it first before committing to coming in on it! I looked a little bit ahead of him and picked a spot I figured he'd pass by along the bottom of that draw... he gets there, and he's covered by some branches up to about his nose... I tried to hold it up a little higher so maybe it could hit his spine.. but... at 25yds ya gotta remember that the crosshairs are approximately 1" higher than point of Impact. So it blew past him hit the ground... he whips around like WTF was that!? I sloooooowly... extract...and then slooowly jack in another round. Right about the time I close my bolt... he heard that and turned around. I'm in the leafy suit, and I freeze, so he doesn't immediately run away. Then when he figures something ain't right... he runs up outta the draw to the edge of it.. but he pauses to turn back around and look at what I am again.. and BOOM! I hurriedly smack him with a rapid jump-shot with the .223 Rem since it was gonna be my only opportunity. He literally does a barrel-roll mid-air... then falls to the ground in a slump on his side... sorta rocking back-and-forth for a few seconds.... then son of a b*tch if he didn't get back up... turn to look at me... than take off running up and over that terrain up there outta the draw. I figure meh... 40-60 yds and I should find him. NOPE! Blood trailed him 250+yds. And then the trail went dry. Figure the bullet must have hit the phalanges of his vertebrae just above the shoulders, hence the barrel roll.

I learned a lesson that day... if you hit a coyote? Hit 'em again! Until he stops moving! Other experiences since then have confirmed this. If you're not lucky enough to pull off a vital hit with that first shot... don't delay... plug him again! They are tough as sh*t! And will run a looong damn way with an injury that is still probably fatal, but not a hit to vitals.

And if you can, you wanna be setup above them if possible. And try to use the angle of the Sun to your advantage by having it such that it will be in their eyes if they are trying to look in your direction.

Good to know, picked up a Fusion a few weeks ago, was thinking of trying to see if any bear gets drawn in. Thanks for the info!

6MT

FNG
I have a fusion now but I previously had a shockwave. The TX-1000 remote is pretty nice. Learn how to use it and the features that its capable of. Run good batteries and always carry spare AA's for your remote.
Other people claim to get good battery life out of rechargeable AA batteries in their calls however I was unsatisfied with the run time I was getting out of them so I rigged my own Lithium battery pack for the call. Best decision thus far.
If fur were worth more and I was buying again I would buy the new X wave
How did you wire up your battery. I have a ShockWave, and was wondering if the charging port would be where to hook the LI battery. And whether that port would run the unit.