Free varget what rifle to build

brushape

WKR
So I’m being given a 8 pound jug of varget and looking for what rifle to build to use with it I already have a good mix of hunting rifles and my ar is dialed in with a load of tac 77tmks. I’m looking for something with lighter recoil that would be good for long range target shooting mostly and occasional hunting. Leaning heavily towards a 6 gt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Could just grab some 130 grain bergers and shoot it up in the 6.5 creedmoor.

Laramie

WKR
For what you are doing the 6GT makes perfect sense to me. another option? Have you considered the 6 dasher?

6br with 30gr varget pushing 105hybrids will shoot in any barrel. Don’t even have to worry about seating depth.
Actually any br based cartridge will work. But the br is the easiest no fireforming or hydro forming needed

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does ridiculous stuff like this. It's more a justification to build a new $4k rifle than the need to burn $350 of powder, but I get it.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the same boat. I have 15lbs of varget. I need a gun to shoot it in. The dasher looks promising. I will have to look at the 6GT. Not to derail your thread, but wondering if any of these can be easily built on a tikka action? What action/setup would you want to build it on?

mtnlomo

FNG
A vote for 7mm-08! I’ve gotten great results with every bullet I’ve tried from 120 gr Ballistic tips, 140 gr ttsx’s to 150 gr ELDX’s. All have shot phenomenal groups with Varget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk