Freeze dried dinner alternatives?

What other dinners options are out there before the freeze dried meals? I’ve tried some peak refuel, and stowaway gourmet and both have torn my stomach up. Hoping to find another option
Thanks in advance

Moserkr

WKR
Im trying dehydrated leftovers this year. There are some great threads on making your own, search for em. If what you normally eat doesnt tear you up, then that may be the ticket. Im lucky and can eat just about anything, like MT house for a month, with no issues. But $9-10 a meal bugs me so thats whats driving me.

JRMiller

WKR
I havent done freeze dried in many many years.
the alternatives are pretty cheap and easy to come by.
1) pasta, with butter or parmesan
2) rice, with broth cubes, or butter, etc.
3) ramen, many come with thier own seasonings.
To any of these, add some jerkey in just a minute or two before its done for protein and added flavor. One of my favorites is Jade Pearl. Its phenomenal with jerky.

Cirrus

FNG
The backpacking chef guy referenced above was on the hunt backcountry podcast. You just have to search for it . Alot of good info on doing it yourself.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
I'm bringing some of the Patagonia Provisions soups and seafood options this year.

joelzilla

FNG
I used to be a fan of Mountain House but Peak Refuel with the protein is my go-to now. I'm open to other options as well.

My go-to meals in the backcountry:
  • Breakfast - instant oatmeal with walnuts and raisins
  • Lunch - bread, salami, dried fruit
  • Dinner - rice & beans
All of them are easy to prep, backpackable, and taste good,

My go-to meals in the backcountry:
  • Breakfast - instant oatmeal with walnuts and raisins
  • Lunch - bread, salami, dried fruit
  • Dinner - rice & beans
All of them are easy to prep, backpackable, and taste good,
Dried rice and beans or the pouches?

If you are ever stuck with freeze dried, give it more time than recommended to get it fully hydrated. I usually go a good 20 minutes. Makes a huge difference in what happens in your gut. My wife and I will eat a favorite Mountain House or Pinnacle for super at home on a really lazy day.