WTS FS Kimber Montana 8400 6.5 SAUM 6lb

Iclimb

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built by Benchmark Barrels in Arlington Washington

Benchmark factory duped the Montana barrel and performed all the action work on the rifle. This rifle started as a 325wsm and was not hunted with but it was handled and fired a bit before being sent to benchmark. As it is now it is new never fired (aside from benchmark test fire). Benchmark barrels are really great quality barrels and the company overall, in my experience, is fantastic to work with.

All the lightweight handling of the infamous Montana action combined with a ballistic powerhouse makes this rifle a great mountain set up. Elk and mule deer in steep country; to goats and sheep in steeper country…this rifle is a do all for the PNW!

• 6.5 SAUM I have 500 pieces of new 3rd gen hornady brass available too.
  • Kimber Montana 8400 mid length action
  • Controlled round feed action is without a doubt regarded as the ultimate in reliability, function, and feeding.
  • Side bolt mounted bolt stop is a nice upgrade over the std Winchester m70 type action
  • Wing style 3 position safety is intuitive and quick! Rearward locks the bolt in safe, load/unload/safe middle position, and finally a fire position easily found flicked forward position
  • Stainless steel barrel, Benchmark barrels 1-8” twist @ 24”
  • Stainless Kimber 8400 trued up by benchmark
  • Stainless for durability in foul weather conditions and backcountry camps
  • Synthetic stock bedded to the action and made of hand laid kevlar with carbon fiber makes for a stiff, tough, solid foundation
  • Blind magazine also lends to the stiffer stock, more comfortable in hand, no accidental cartridge dumps. But moreover (my preference) it is “KISS principal”…keeping it simple…simplicity is reliability!
  • Trigger was setup with an “Ernie’s” trigger spring which makes for a crisp break and no creep pull at about 2lb and is adjustable
  • The bolt knob was swapped for the lightweight titanium offered on the kimber ascent
  • The trigger guard was swapped for a lightweight aluminum guard
  • Rifle weighs 6lb on the nose and balances perfectly just in front if the frnt action bolt. Lightning quick handling and easy maneuverability
  • The stock has some light handling marks as seen in the pictures. It seems common amongst the early Montana stocks that the paint wasn’t as durable as the current models. I talked to a guy that said kimber would take care of this if you send them the stock….I don’t know but I know if a guy had the stock sprayed it would take care of all of them. The paint has worn through a bit. ALL MARKS ARE VERY MINOR!
  • $2000 for the rifle + actual shipping
  • id be it interested in m70 crf in kinda the same form….mcm or brown stock type deal but we can chat if it comes up.
  • I will ship from ffl to ffl for convenience no charge on my end….just your transfer
Please ignore some of the “sales points” …. This is a pasta from my notes folder for a potential GB auction in the future if needed…
id love for my rifles to go to a good home where it’ll get hunted so I’m going to list them on some forums first.

also I’m more if a lurker on here but have good (more rep) on some other sites. I haven’t been as active the last year or two so if you want some references hopefully someone can chime in on here but I can provide that info for other forums where I’ve sold more, plus gunbroker.
pm me with any questions and I can get you a number we can chat at.

Last edited:
OP
Iclimb

Iclimb

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perfect for your next sheep hunt…lord it over all the 280ai’s in camp x)