FSA items

Aswob5

FNG
I have quite a bit extra on the FSA this year. And need to spend it all or I loose it. Anything you would add to this or anything you've found FSA will pay for that would be nice to have. I've built a small med kit so far.
Advil
Tylenol
Aspirin
Quik clot gauze
Clozex wound closures
Coban wrap
Leukotape
Band aid
Gauze
Alcohol wipes
Neosporin
Tourniquet

sram9102

WKR
Check with whomever runs your fsa. Ours has a website that anything they sell is covered. I was surprised by the selection of stuff they had.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Fowl Play

WKR
New pair of glasses or stock up on contacts if you need them.

It will also pay for medical genetic testing (find out if you have some underlying condition or a higher risk for it). I did the 23&Me thing with my wife. Was cool to see family history and broad medical stuff. But if I had to do it again I would elect to do one of the tests that is more medical specific.

And then… there’s other ways. Ordering stuff you thought you needed then returning it or canceling the order after the fact. Definitely fraud, and I’m sure the IRS would love to screw you for it. But taking unused FSA is also robbery in my opinion. So…

(Don’t do this personally but it always crosses my mind)

Last edited:

wesfromky

WKR
There was a thread on /r/nfa about people using FSA money for silencers. Otherwise, med kits and shooting eyeglasses are what I plan on spending my balance on.

Fowl Play

WKR
There was a thread on /r/nfa about people using FSA money for silencers. Otherwise, med kits and shooting eyeglasses are what I plan on spending my balance on.
Does that count as hearing protection? I really want it to

Some FSAs let you claim mileage to doctor's visits. If we have money left over that collects it quiker than anything else for us.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Change QuikClot to a chitin based product. QuikClot requires a functional clotting cascade, so less likely to work in severe hypothermia and does not do much for some on anticoagulation (commonly referred to by the misnomer of blood thinners).

Celox, Chito Gauze, and ChitoSAM are better alternative products.

You can use FSA money to pay for first aid training. Consider a WFA (Wilderness First Aid) or stop the bleed course. If you have the time, even better would be Wilderness First Responder.

Get 5 tourniquets, frequently 2 are needed for one leg. Have one to train with, don't carry the training one as materials break down under use and I have broken training CATs on myself (but never a new one).

Get triangular bandages, you can do a lot with them.

If you have a lot of money to spend, consider a pelvic binder, but you have to use it correctly and almost every one I have ever seen put on by civilian EMS or ED team is too high, so might not be worth getting.

Get a barrier device, I really like NuMask.

Consider a pressure dressing. NAR (North American Rescue) has great products, to include vacuum packed gauze which is great for space savings.