Fulcrum Accessories: Belt Pouch or Lid?

visage

Lil-Rokslider
I've recently purchased a fulcrum and have been using it a bit on short hikes and for backpack cardio. With hunting season in mind I'm interested in either a belt pouch on the snow collar or the guide lid for keeping smaller items. The majority of my hunting will be day hunting but I do have a few backpack trips planned. I would like the purpose of the pouch or lid to keep snacks, gloves, beanie, steripen, kill kit, etc., leaving the wing pockets and main bag for my puffy, layers, stove, tarp, etc. I know there is opportunity for belt pouches along the bottom of the bag as well, but for what i am doing I would expect that this portion will generally stay compressed as I will typically use it more of a "day mode" fashion. I'd love to hear input on what others have done, as well as pictures as I haven't been able to turn up many. For those running the lid - is this helpful in keeping the wings in place and compressed down? Do you find yourself dropping it in camp or detaching it for a final approach bag? For those running a belt pouch - are you running a large or medium?

Last edited:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've recently purchased a fulcrum and have been using it a bit so short hikes and for backpack cardio. With hunting season in mind I'm interested in either a belt pouch on the snow collar or the guide lid for keeping smaller items. The majority of my hunting will be day hunting but I do have a few backpack trips planned. I would like the purpose of the pouch or lid to keep snacks, gloves, beanie, steripen, kill kit, etc., leaving the wing pockets and main bag for my puffy, layers, stove, tarp, etc. I know there is opportunity for belt pouches along the bottom of the bag as well, but for what i am doing I would expect that this portion will generally stay compressed as I will typically use it more of a "day mode" fashion. I'd love to hear input on what others have done, as well as pictures as I haven't been able to turn up many. For those running the lid - is this helpful in keeping the wings in place and compressed down? Do you find yourself dropping in camp or detaching it for a final approach bag? For those running a belt pouch - are you running a large or medium?

I like a medium ran on the integrated lid. Then a big lid over that if needed. I’m not a fan of the belt pouches on the bottom of the bag. Just a personal thing, no big reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I ran a medium belt pouch on the snow collar and now run a large. It works well. I've never ran any pouches on the lower molle as I've used it as a daypack for most of my trips. I haven't used a lid with it and can't really speak to how that would work out. It's already a "strappy" pack when used as a daypack, so I haven't really looked at the lid options and haven't needed the extra space.

The first picture has the 2 front quarters behind the head, outside the main bag, secured with the 2 included straps.
20191123_160851.jpg
20190729_164023.jpg

OP
V

visage

Lil-Rokslider
Went to retrieve my tree stand that I had left in outdoor storage and fulcrum did great! I was able to keep the small things in the wings but I'm leaning towards a belt pouch vs a lid for easy access.

Attachments

• DE7AC190-A983-451E-981C-496A4816F477.jpeg
    DE7AC190-A983-451E-981C-496A4816F477.jpeg
    743.9 KB · Views: 18

Lawnboi

WKR
Large belt pouch on the integral lid. I have had the guide and organizer guide lid but for some reason I just could never get them to sit right. And honestly I don’t really need the space. I had pods8 make me a blaze orange pocket to go there during gun season as well.

I run a small on the waist belt, and a large on the lid. That’s it. No need for anymore pockets on that pack IMO.