Fun with 3D Printers

You guys make sure you add your designs to thingiverse. There's a ton of good stuff on there to print free of charge. btw prusa makes a good printer.

Is there a way for you guys to share your designs to a forum or even sell the design blueprint? Some good ideas on here

OP
philintheblank
Another project off the printer. Made a universal phone scope. Works with any phone and spotter combo that me and my hunting buddies have. The plan came off of Thingverse made by another user.

Attachments

• 20220105_133204.jpg
    20220105_133204.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 148

Rock-o

WKR
Anybody taking requests? I need an adapter that on top connects to a Picatinny rail and on the bottom connects to an ARCA tripod head. What's your price?

Anybody taking requests? I need an adapter that on top connects to a Picatinny rail and on the bottom connects to an ARCA tripod head. What's your price?
If you make the design and pay for shipping ill print you something if its small

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I might be able to help you here if you could sketch up what your looking for. I have designed and made a couple parts that clip to a picatinny rail before. I'm not on here that much anymore but I'll check back later. 5.JPG

svivian

WKR
So what are the recommendations for 3d printers? Lets say a few with different price ranges. $500/ $1000/ and $1500. Looking to get into this but there are so many options to narrow down.

So what are the recommendations for 3d printers? Lets say a few with different price ranges. $500/ $1000/ and $1500. Looking to get into this but there are so many options to narrow down.
Honestly start with a cheaper one. My ender 3 and cr10 can do pretty much everything I ever need. The more you pay the less tinkering you have to do but I enjoy that part. Most of the time it's bullet proof

OP
philintheblank
Get one with a heated bed and a cooling fan. Mine was $500 (used) and it has a dual Extruder that I have never used so far. But the heated bed will give you more filament options. The cheaper ones usually need a few mods to make them more rigid. For what I have used mine for, I could probably have gotten away with a cheaper unit.

svivian

WKR
Get one with a heated bed and a cooling fan. Mine was $500 (used) and it has a dual Extruder that I have never used so far. But the heated bed will give you more filament options. The cheaper ones usually need a few mods to make them more rigid. For what I have used mine for, I could probably have gotten away with a cheaper unit.
Thank you!

WKR
You guys have inspired me. I couldn't find a lightweight, low-profile, cheap mount to put my binoculars on my tripod, so I spent some time over the weekend designing this one. I'm happy with how it turned out so far. We'll find out next hunting season if ABS is durable enough for hunting use.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/9-1-s-binocular-tripod-adapter

Cults3D was easier for me to create an account with than Thingiverse. I added a "Rokslide" tag to this design. Maybe that will catch on?

Attachments

• Clamp1 - Copy.jpg
    Clamp1 - Copy.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 114
  • Clamp2 - Copy.jpg
    Clamp2 - Copy.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Clamp3 - Copy.jpg
    Clamp3 - Copy.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 111
OP
philintheblank
You guys have inspired me. I couldn't find a lightweight, low-profile, cheap mount to put my binoculars on my tripod, so I spent some time over the weekend designing this one. I'm happy with how it turned out so far. We'll find out next hunting season if ABS is durable enough for hunting use.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/9-1-s-binocular-tripod-adapter

Cults3D was easier for me to create an account with than Thingiverse. I added a "Rokslide" tag to this design. Maybe that will catch on?
That is slick!

WKR
How many slots do you want on the Picatinny rail?

boomah21

Lil-Rokslider
Recently bought a used QIDI X-Pro 3D printer and have been messing around with TinkerCAD.

Decided to revamp my trekking pole tripod adapter and made up a mount for my outdoorsman bino adapter along with a quick switch plate and lens cover for compact spotter

Also made a window mount for smaller optics (no 4lb spotters allowed on my windows)

Everything was printed with PETG so it should last for a long time and be fine with outside / rainy conditions.
awesome~!

spectrum

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought this one : Creality CR-10S Pro V2 3D Printer with BL Touch Auto-Level, Touch Screen, Large Build Volume. Did a lot of research.

Attachments

• 61jLgQm82+S._SL1500_.jpg
    61jLgQm82+S._SL1500_.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 59