Funny Dog Story

jahaze

FNG
Shot a nice buck opening day in my "front yard", which is a 5-acre field out my front door. Field dressed him, left the gut pile for the birds/coyotes.

Anyway, as I'm currently heading west, my wife texts me "your dog likes to chase balls so much that he brought the balls from your buck to me today..."

Reminded me of 2011, my dad was out bowhunting deer in another county. I got a buck and hung it in his shop. After trimming all the fat off his dog ran in and snatched the biggest chunk of fat and horked it down before i could stop him. His first taste of raw venison. So anyway i get done butchering and head home while my dad was still on his hunting trip. Left the cocknballs in one big furry package in his shop, so when he got home hed see id killed a buck. Apparently his dog was ready to rock. My dad went into his shop and the dog blew through the door ahead of him and grabbed that bucks junk off the floor and managed to choke the whole mess down at a full run while my dad chased him yelling at him

BWSmith

FNG
Saturday morning;

My beautiful Euro Dobe "therapy dog" is in the kitchen with us looking all "Hallmark", crossed front legs.... perfect red coat,yada yada. Was even brushing her.... just a wonderfully smart and attentive pet. We live in the country so she pretty much comes N goes as she pleases. Let her out and she's as friendly and polite as any dog you're gonna find this side of Lassie. Goes off leash inside stores and loves people.

Wife and I are enjoying our coffee.... like a dang postcard or sum chit. Let "Coke"(Coco) out and a few minutes later she comes to the door and knocks to come back in. She's got a very fresh mature rabbit head that's been very cleanly severed and plops it down at our feet.

Probably the result of coyotes playing tug of war(went and found the kill site)? But you talk about a buzz kill on the whole Hallmark thing,haha.

She is my Ghog hunting dog so is very calm around varmint hunting.... not sure WTF she thought I was supposed to do with the head? Mixed between retrieval or notification of the intrusion?

My dog loves to chew on rocks. No idea why but she always comes in with a rock. The other morning I went to open her mouth before she came in as she was doing her prancing walk and her low happy throat growl. Sure enough I see a rock. Reach in to grab it and it moves! Shake her head and out falls a freakin mouse! Snatched it up and tossed it over the fence for some other critter to eat. Who the heck knows what else she gets into. I told my daughter “you still going to let her lick your face now?”. 🤣

GSPHUNTER

WKR
One of my past GSP, Rommel had the softest mouth of any dog I ever saw. He would retrieve a downed bird with nary one feather disturbed. One day I was sitting in my chair and he came along side, as he frequently did, I reach over to give him a rub and felt something on the side of his mouth, it was a feather, I thought he killed a bird in the back yard so I pried open his moth and a small bird flew out, unharmed.