G19 to G26 to G43 to P365 and some in between

h2so4

WKR
I’ve been carrying the Glocks for a bit now. Started with a 19, that was way too big. Went to a 26, that was better. But it was still thick and a little heavy. I switched to the g43 and have found that to be the most comfortable. It’s got to be comfortable, convenient and enjoyable to shoot to carry it consistently. I’ve used a variety of holsters to include crossbreed, kydex, alien gear and raven concealment. The raven concealment Vanguard has been the most comfortable by far. However, during longer range sessions, my trigger finder would get caught up in Glock 43 and just become unpleasant to shoot. I installed an apex trigger and while it was better, still not as comfortable as others. I tried carrying a FNSc with red dot and apex and a staccato C (single stack) with red dot. Both shot awesome, but were heavy and bulkier. Back to the g43.
2 weeks ago I received a p365 in the smallest frame. I tried it with an owb at first, as that is what I got it with. Amazingly comfortable. Ordered a DeSantis IWB holster shortly after. It shoots awesome and is very comfortable with all sizes of mags. I don’t have huge hands, so the micro frame is fine. Between the extra capacity, that goes unnoticed in the weight that does not cause an increase in size and more enjoyable shooting experience I’m pretty happy. I’ll probably find a flat trigger / red dot version next to really enjoy range sessions.

I’ve tried a shadow systems g43 size, and it shot great. But still had the uncomfortable trigger and then had proprietary mags. No thanks.

I wish I would have tried the p365 much earlier. With that additional frame sizes and larger mages they accommodate, I’m not sure I’d need a Glock 19 ever again. I’m not talking about shooting matches, etc. just general carry and training. I say all that, and remember that i want to try the micro FN version released somewhat recently. Ha!

Your mileage may vary, but hope this helps someone at least try a p365 or FN (or whatever else).

matthewmt

WKR
I put a Wilson combat xl grip module on a p365, it's very comfy, limits you to 12 rnd mags but the oem grip sz is a breeze to carry.

I personally sold my 43x because I prefer my 19 over it. It's heavier but with proper belt and my preference tenicor holsters it makes it a very comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
h2so4

h2so4

WKR
You make a great point- the belt plays a big part. I have done a poor job of choosing belts. What belt(s) have you found to work well?

Had them all,keeping one g19 stashed in truck.
Like the sig but something about the reliability and takedown/maintenance on the 43x that I just trust.Plus i know everyone wants the most capacity but I find 11 bullets heavy enough.
G20sf with finger guards removed and g45 with soon to be custom steepling are my self defense and woods guns.

Unckebob

WKR
I’ve been carrying the Glocks for a bit now. Started with a 19, that was way too big. Went to a 26, that was better. But it was still thick and a little heavy. I switched to the g43 and have found that to be the most comfortable. It’s got to be comfortable, convenient and enjoyable to shoot to carry it consistently. I’ve used a variety of holsters to include crossbreed, kydex, alien gear and raven concealment. The raven concealment Vanguard has been the most comfortable by far. However, during longer range sessions, my trigger finder would get caught up in Glock 43 and just become unpleasant to shoot. I installed an apex trigger and while it was better, still not as comfortable as others. I tried carrying a FNSc with red dot and apex and a staccato C (single stack) with red dot. Both shot awesome, but were heavy and bulkier. Back to the g43.
2 weeks ago I received a p365 in the smallest frame. I tried it with an owb at first, as that is what I got it with. Amazingly comfortable. Ordered a DeSantis IWB holster shortly after. It shoots awesome and is very comfortable with all sizes of mags. I don’t have huge hands, so the micro frame is fine. Between the extra capacity, that goes unnoticed in the weight that does not cause an increase in size and more enjoyable shooting experience I’m pretty happy. I’ll probably find a flat trigger / red dot version next to really enjoy range sessions.

I’ve tried a shadow systems g43 size, and it shot great. But still had the uncomfortable trigger and then had proprietary mags. No thanks.

I wish I would have tried the p365 much earlier. With that additional frame sizes and larger mages they accommodate, I’m not sure I’d need a Glock 19 ever again. I’m not talking about shooting matches, etc. just general carry and training. I say all that, and remember that i want to try the micro FN version released somewhat recently. Ha!

Your mileage may vary, but hope this helps someone at least try a p365 or FN (or whatever else).

I love my G43 as well. Shield ARMs makes a 9 round mag. I bought sold a P365 because the 43 is better imo.

matthewmt

WKR
As of recently I use the tenicor belt which is a pretty flexible option but does handle the 19 well. I have a volund gear belt, wilderness. Would Luke to try some of the other options out there myself but the tenicor would be great for a p365 as well and it's easily adjustable etc.
Sometimes I run an old leather carhartt belt with a 38spl ultralight snubby.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m looking at a new micro 9. Did you try the hellcat at all before settling on the 365?

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
The P365 has been my iwb everyday carry for a little over 3 years now. No regrets. I've shot most of the sub-compacts in the same category and haven't found anything that's made me want to change.

Hank's belts are awesome leather carry belts. And for budget, I can vouch for Bullhide belts. I prefer leather everyday belts.

LCV

FNG
Hmm, I went the other way. Started with a 365 and got a G19 later which I prefer. Still carry the 365 with tighter/tucked in shirts. Would like to try a G48 or 43 now that PSA has 15 round mags.

Good belt makes a big difference for carrying either. I like nexbelt since it’s not super thick and doesn’t look out of place in office attire.

Jbehredt

WKR
My 26 rode on my belt for a bit over a decade… then a few months ago I screwed up and stuck a holstered 365 in the same spot. Disappeared with the same capacity. I can actually forget I’m carrying it. Admitted Glock fan boy but the 365 is the clear winner imo for concealed edc.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My 26 rode on my belt for a bit over a decade… then a few months ago I screwed up and stuck a holstered 365 in the same spot. Disappeared with the same capacity. I can actually forget I’m carrying it. Admitted Glock fan boy but the 365 is the clear winner imo for concealed edc.
I’m also an OG Glock 26 carrier, I try not to even look at the new micro 9s when I go to the store.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I'm carrying a 4.25" M&P 2.0 and have been looking to downsize to a glock 19.

Trex Arms belt carries the full size gun without issue.

ElPollo

WKR
You make a great point- the belt plays a big part. I have done a poor job of choosing belts. What belt(s) have you found to work well?

Been wearing the same one of these for 3 years. Had a NexBelt before that and the buckle crapped out it. Wore leather before that. Bad idea all around unless it’s reinforced. The low pro belt is plenty stiff, but it’s just simple and durable. Nothing really to break. Highly recommend.

ElPollo

WKR

The p365s are hard to beat for carrying and reliability. My only issue was that I wished I’d bought an XL. I picked up one of those Wilson Combat frames in the XL length for my standard p365 and it resolved all my issues. The WC frame also has better texturing. The only thing I lost out of it was the use of the 10-round mags that I had. I’m still not super impressed with any of the light options for the 365. I’m still using a TLR-6 because it’s small and I like the ergos, but it’s minimal in terms of light.