Game Cart Recommendations

Since moving away, I’m wanting to get my dad a game cart for his birthday to make it easier for him. He mostly hunts alone in MA and I’m looking for suggestions on what game carts have worked well for y’all in the past. Any input would be greatly appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If storage space isn't an issue the Hawk Crawler is pretty nice. We used my Hawk to haul out my buddy's cow Nilgai bags and did it all in one trip.

I also have an aluminum foldable that folds up and I can put it in my meat shelf on the Kuiu pack, that works pretty good but they don't make it anymore. I ran over it with the truck and used a mini sledge to hammer it back mostly straight and it's still going strong. I'll see if I can find the model somewhere online, it's a good one with solid tires. My Hawk tires are always flat.

OP
mountainman406
I like my hawk. 4 wheels that move independently and it goes over a lot of stuff easily.

Have you had any issues with the tires deflating or popping? I’ve read a few reviews that state that as a concern that made me weary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I aired the tires up was over a year ago and they are starting to get low to where I wouldn’t put anything in the cart to haul. I’m going to put slime in the tires to help with any small flats. I also throw in a small patch kit and a small hand pump just in case. I’ve been looking to change the tires to something that won’t go flat but that would make the cart really heavy.

WCB

WKR
biggest wheels you can find is my only suggestion. I've used cheapos, homemade ones and everything in between. Which ever one has the largest diameter wheels is the one I'd prefer. Solid tires would be a plus.

have not used the Hawk Crawler though

yfarm

WKR
Had a 2 wheeled cart with a gutted cow nilgai on it, had wire spoked wheels that collapsed. Cow weighed 278lbs.Was a takedown model with hitch clip pins that also popped out under load. Replaced those with bolts with nylok nuts. Trying to find 16” inflatable garden cart wheels to replace but axle diameters are different. Will probably need to change the axle. Beware of wire spoked wheels and heavy loads. Friend built one using 2 wheel chair wheels with solid tires on each side.

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a game cart somewhere. I only used it twice. Maybe someone knows something I don't, but trying to use a wheeled cart in woods is god awful. The only senarios I can see a cart usefull would be wide open oak woods, or maybe a short drag to some kind of a foot trail. Any kind of dirt, or roots, or water, and you may as well pull an anchor.

I use a Jet sled. Way easier. Not sure what size, I thought there was only one size when I bought mine. I've used it to haul out all kinds of animals, then use it all winter ice fishing. They hold up good.

I have a game cart somewhere. I only used it twice. Maybe someone knows something I don't, but trying to use a wheeled cart in woods is god awful. The only senarios I can see a cart usefull would be wide open oak woods, or maybe a short drag to some kind of a foot trail. Any kind of dirt, or roots, or water, and you may as well pull an anchor.

I use a Jet sled. Way easier. Not sure what size, I thought there was only one size when I bought mine. I've used it to haul out all kinds of animals, then use it all winter ice fishing. They hold up good.
I used one of those for dragging around a bunch of goose shells and guns and gear, worked great when going over snow but man it was rough when we hit dirt. Guessing grass would be in between?

Reactions: WCB

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I used one of those for dragging around a bunch of goose shells and guns and gear, worked great when going over snow but man it was rough when we hit dirt. Guessing grass would be in between?

I never really noticed. All I know is dragging a whole deer out is way easier when pulled in a sled. Tougher by hand, best with two people. Borderline insane on a game cart unless on rock solid ground.