Garmin 100 questions

Jim Perry

FNG
Can someone tell me what the pin icon shown in the picture does? If I click on it a line goes through it, suggesting something is disabled, but the instructions booklet says nothing about this.

About the BUTTON LOCK in the training mode, what does it mean when they are locked? That they are inactive?

As an editorial comment, I am not a big fan of the user's manual (too much stuff missing) or the way things operate. I carry the Garmin in the inside chest pocket of my hunting vest. It seems often when I pull the Garmin out it is on some screen I don't want. I know one can lock the screen, but that requires multiple steps to get back to where I might want to go.

Yesterday I had used the tone button to call my dog back. I had the center button set to T. A while later I used it again and the dog yelped. Turns out the center button had gone to C (continuous) shock mode. And there's no way to see what button represents WITHOUT pressing it.

Garmin 100.jpg

OP
J

Jim Perry

FNG
In case anyone is interested for future reference, I contacted Garmin and they told me "That pin is if you want the training page to stay on the screen and not go away, other wise when you press a training button it only stays on the screen for 5 seconds."