Collar transmitters - 3 big buttons?

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I've had sportdog products forever, but on my most recent trip I found myself wishing my handheld was...better.

The little side button for Tone is too small, and with gloves I have no idea if I am actually pressing it.

Having to use the dial to switch from Vibe to Stim is a pain, and while you can program button functionality somewhat the option I want is not available.

I'd like to have three big buttons I can use with gloves:

One for Tone
One for Vibe
One for Stim (& some way to toggle continuous or nick...and of course a dial to set level)
[Or: a fourth big button so both Nick and Continuous are instantly available]

Does such a collar/handheld exist?

I have a Garmin Sport Pro and like it. It meets your requirements. The only thing that would make it better would be if you could lock the dial at a specific setting.
garmin-tri-tronics-sport-pro-365.jpg

OP
roosterdown

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you - I like it! Are the smaller buttons still big enough to confidently manipulate with gloves?

I don’t have tone, but my dogtra has big buttons for vibe, continuous and nick. Their other collars might be the same set up with 4 buttons, to include tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Thank you - I like it! Are the smaller buttons still big enough to confidently manipulate with gloves?
I have the exact same unit. I don’t have issues wearing thin shooting gloves. FWIW the gloves I’m wearing most of the time are PIG Alpha

I haven't had any trouble while wearing gloves, but i don't wear anything very thick. I bought an Alpha 300 this year for GPS capability and its buttons aren't nearly as good.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Alpha 100 will fit your bill just fine, large buttons that are easy to find and there is 3 of them that can be customized. I only use tone and stim but vibrate is easy to add as well. Or multiple dogs it works too.