Garmin chrono rifle mount? Any issues with recoil and readings?

repins05

WKR
Anyone using a rifle mount for the Garmin chrono? Recoil cause any issues with unit?

OP
R

repins05

WKR
Shooting out in the field off of a tripod while standing. Off of a tall bipod. Or a situation where it is difficult to place the Garmin on a stable surface. There are no long range gun ranges where I am at. We frequently hit the woods and shoot from clear cut to clear cut to be able to shoot 1000 yards etc. Sometimes we are shooting off of stumps etc. I have a full length arca mounted on my hunting rifles so it would offer flexibility.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Shot a NRL 22 match today where there were 2 Garmins to play with.

Bench mounted on tripod: easier than blowing your nose, worked every time (suppressed and non-suppressed), no interference from other rifles.

Weapon mounted: produced several erratic numbers but shooter was able to delete the bad numbers. Believe it is from the shock/vibration. Only a a very heavy .22lr so not sure how well this would work on a center fire. Will need to see as more people use them weapon mounted. Admittedly, Garmin does not say it is suited for weapon mounting. I recall the new LR being marketed as weapon mountable.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Shooting out in the field off of a tripod while standing. Off of a tall bipod. Or a situation where it is difficult to place the Garmin on a stable surface. There are no long range gun ranges where I am at. We frequently hit the woods and shoot from clear cut to clear cut to be able to shoot 1000 yards etc. Sometimes we are shooting off of stumps etc. I have a full length arca mounted on my hunting rifles so it would offer flexibility.
I’ve been thinking of this a lot and I guess I keep coming back to the fact that I probably won’t be testing new loads out in the mountains. I’ll have that done at the range for zero/sight in, I’ll get my chrono data there, make a chart then hit the mountains for practice. No need for me to take the garmin out there like that.

To each their own though and it’s definetly cool that we have a chrono that is small enough and easy enough to use that things like that are not only doable but easy.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
Great info. Thx. Think I am going to hold off on purchasing an arca mount for now.