Garmin Xero Chronograph - anyone have issues with?

repins05

WKR
Eyeing the Garmin Chronograph. Haven't heard of any issues with them. Anyone have negative feedback? Or is it simply the s**t?

OP
R

repins05

WKR
Same here. Almost to good to be true. Usually seems like someone will have some complaint.

Only minor downsides I have seen:
Only gives muzzle velocity, not multiple velocities out to 100yds like Labradar.
Doesn't work in an indoor 100 yd tunnel (Labradar kind of works there but struggles a bit).

That said, I think you should just buy my almost new Labradar for sale here so that people don't assume you're just trying to be cool with the new little Garmin.

It’s pretty damn nice. I have only used it for bow, but the ease to set it up and not have to have the right lighting, shoot through actual hoops is definitely a big step up over the old ce chronos. This is a 4 arrow group, arrows maybe 1-2 grains different and all measured within .6 fps. Not to mention I have an Arca plate on it and takes under 5 minutes to put it on my weiser nighthawk/slik 634, turn it on, connect to the app and start shooting.

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpeg
    IMG_4369.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 23

Hnthrdr

WKR
First chronograph purchased, always hesitated because of the PITA setting up. This thing is awesome. Just turn on push a couple buttons and go

I want one of these bad but I think I am going to wait for the gen 2. Who knows when that will be but I’ll wait.

Luked

WKR
Has anyone tried to sit it down range and shoot over it?
I know not the same thing as a Labradar setup but the Garmin does have an app to connect so you would be able to see velocitys at range on the app.

cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I know not the same thing as a Labradar setup but the Garmin does have an app to connect so you would be able to see velocitys at range on the app.
The individual velocities do not show or register on your phone app until you hit the ‘End session’ button on the unit. It then transfers your individual readings, avg vel, SD, etconto your phone.
You’d still get the data but not on a per shot basis as you were shooting.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to test tomorrow.
Has to easier to set up than the old school Oehler.

R

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't have mine yet, but I was wondering if the velocity would be recorded if shooting over it at 100 yards. If I was to shoot over it, I would set it behind a steel rifle target as protective armor to protect against a stray shot.

Only issue I've had is mine updated mid string. It gave me an option to cancel the update but it wouldn't let me when I clicked cancel.

It didn't save that string but I was watching my average as I shot so it wasn't a big deal. Just make sure it's updated before you get started and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk