Garmin Xero C1: new chronograph

Tahoe1305

WKR
Got one from Scheels 12% off with Active Junky and some other discounts. Excited to try out this weekend with suppressed sub Sonic 22LR, centerfire, and the bow.

slowelk

WKR
I never used that feature in LR when I had it. I usually had the end of my suppressor within 12 inches of my LR, so I didn't pay attention at all.

Looks like the Garmin will be easier to set up and capture the bullet.

So you'd think "distance from chronograph" would be zero?

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got one from Scheels 12% off with Active Junky and some other discounts. Excited to try out this weekend with suppressed sub Sonic 22LR, centerfire, and the bow.
I might go to Scheels and get one sooner rather than later. New one opened up here in AZ recently.

Grumman

WKR
Hadn’t seen these until this thread. That explains the Labradars in the classifieds today. I’d like to give the Garmin a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefish

WKR
Picked one up tonight. Already disappointed that it won’t do speeds at selected distances like LabRadar. So far it seems to pair far better than LabRadar and size is not even close. If all you care about is speed at the muzzle it should be a great choice.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like that you can toggle between different rifles by pausing the session rather than always starting a new session like LR and MS.

The app pairs far easier than LR. I like the Garmin apps that I use. I am becoming a Garmin fanboy by accident. AB watch, Inreach, Rino, now this…

For the several speeds out too 100yds feature: can you not just use muzzle velocity, true the drop out past 400 yds and then adjust the BC value to fit?

I don't really look at the non muzzle velocity values so what am I missing?

Bluefish

WKR
For the several speeds out too 100yds feature: can you not just use muzzle velocity, true the drop out past 400 yds and then adjust the BC value to fit?

I don't really look at the non muzzle velocity values so what am I missing?
If I had easy access to 400 yard ranges. Used to have out to 1k, now only 200. I am mostly working with lower bc medium cal rounds, so you might lose 300 fps in that first 100 yards. Lab radar makes that easy to see. Actually how I figured out the bc was really low for a unpublished bc bullet. Made me rethink if I would even use it as its range is quite short even with a low opening velocity.

atmat

WKR
Picked one up tonight. Already disappointed that it won’t do speeds at selected distances like LabRadar. So far it seems to pair far better than LabRadar and size is not even close. If all you care about is speed at the muzzle it should be a great choice.
I sent you a PM: but let me know if you’re interested in selling it should you decide to go that way

Most complaints about the Labradar are user error, IMO. I ran one for a year in most all the conditions people complained about.

Radar is easier than Magnetospeed, but the difference isn’t huge.I was doing less shooting so I sold it and went with the Magnetospeed for the last few years.

The Xero is priced right and sounds better than both. I shot my bayonet like an idiot, so I already needed to drop a couple hundred…

100% agree with this. Since adding the Piet recoil trigger I have zero issues picking up shots with my LabRadar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eltaco

WKR
If I had easy access to 400 yard ranges. Used to have out to 1k, now only 200. I am mostly working with lower bc medium cal rounds, so you might lose 300 fps in that first 100 yards. Lab radar makes that easy to see. Actually how I figured out the bc was really low for a unpublished bc bullet. Made me rethink if I would even use it as its range is quite short even with a low opening velocity.

Just go set the Garmin C1 out at 200yds and shoot over it to calc your BC in this case?

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
100% agree with this. Since adding the Piet recoil trigger I have zero issues picking up shots with my LabRadar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I used an external trigger for the last couple months with the LR. It made it easier for placement, but knowing where to put it to catch enough blast but not too much was all it took. I read the manual.

The Garmin appears to be better designed to avoid user error.

I do know that there were legitimate LR duds out there. Guys who could get one to work and the second would not in the same scenario. But, fewer than the internet would have you believe.

Bluefish

WKR
Quick test today, set the garmin up, ie set it down on my bench, grabbed my red Ryder (adult sized) fired off a few rounds. Worked well, got all 5 shots, no aiming, no setup involved. While it doesnt have the data that labradar provides, setup was effortless. For most people this is an amazing product.

So what data can you put into the string info on the Garmin?

Can you use custom names?
Can you put in environmental data?
Can you put a note on each shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro