Gear List for a Newbie

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

A.M.O

FNG
Really enjoyed this episode Jordan. Very thorough, it really gives a good perspective on all the gear out there and what a person might use/ depend on out in the bush.
Thanks

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really enjoyed this episode Jordan. Very thorough, it really gives a good perspective on all the gear out there and what a person might use/ depend on out in the bush.
Thanks

Thank you a ton for listening and the feedback.

Outlaw99

WKR
Really well thought out Jordan. Needs stuck at the top somewhere. Addresses a lot of reoccurring questions that come up.

bsnedeker

WKR
Really well thought out Jordan. Needs stuck at the top somewhere. Addresses a lot of reoccurring questions that come up.

That's a great idea! Could you also do a podcast about good areas to hunt? Not looking for any honey holes, just an area where a DIY guy could go to get a good opporunity on a bull on public land. A podcast like that would save us a TON of posts every year!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a great idea! Could you also do a podcast about good areas to hunt? Not looking for any honey holes, just an area where a DIY guy could go to get a good opporunity on a bull on public land. A podcast like that would save us a TON of posts every year!

That's a great idea. I'm actually in the process of planning a mule deer hunt in a new area that I've never been before. Thought of really trying to outline and talk about how I came up with the specific plan that I have. That's a work in progress but I have been thinking about how I'd do it.

Zak89

FNG
Thanks for delivering on your promise from an earlier thread! I'm going to listen to this over and over until I'm all squared away on gear.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for delivering on your promise from an earlier thread! I'm going to listen to this over and over until I'm all squared away on gear.

For sure. The newbie hunting questions is coming as well, just going to take longer gathering responses from everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefsix

FNG
Awesome - thank you. I'm just getting into all this so I'm cobbling together a halfway decent set up. Love finding little guides like these!

JKFarms

FNG
Very nice list I really enjoyed that. I always tend to bring a few personal items on all my hunts specifically a photo of my family in case something ever happened.