Georgia

Surv3003

FNG
First time posting but have been lurking for a while.
I live in North Ga & head to the Midwest most every year for a hunt. That is getting harder as my son has started playing football & that eats up a bunch of the fall. But I wouldn’t miss his games for a B&C whitetail.

OP
S

Surv3003

FNG
I love watching my son play football too, I miss some games thou but i always make up.
It doesn’t help that I help coach & that he wants to go hunt with me every time I go. He got his first rifle for Christmas so he’s probably going to be coming with me soon.

FLAK

WKR
I lived in Cornelia and Cleveland for a couple years.
God's country up there.
Keep saying I got to get up there for a Bear.
Thats my plan for this coming fall.

OP
S

Surv3003

FNG
I lived in Cornelia and Cleveland for a couple years.
God's country up there.
Keep saying I got to get up there for a Bear.
Thats my plan for this coming fall.
I live just South of there in Commerce. I used to do a lot of trout fishing in the mountains there. Probably going to get up there & chase some turkeys this spring as they seem to have disappeared around my area.

I live in North Ga & head to the Midwest most every year for a hunt. That is getting harder as my son has started playing football & that eats up a bunch of the fall. But I wouldn’t miss his games for a B&C whitetail.
I live in Greensboro. Same thing I have lurked for years. Now I am following several threads because I have a few guys I mentor that want to bear hunt and etc up in the mountains. Been 20 years since I hunted those hills though.

I live in Greensboro. Same thing I have lurked for years. Now I am following several threads because I have a few guys I mentor that want to bear hunt and etc up in the mountains. Been 20 years since I hunted those hills though.
I hunt on a lease in Greensboro, not far from Nibco and the airport.
The pig problem out there has gotten worse lately. Won’t be long til it’s really bad.

Welcome aboard to the OP.

I hunt on a lease in Greensboro, not far from Nibco and the airport.
The pig problem out there has gotten worse lately. Won’t be long til it’s really bad.

Welcome aboard to the OP.
Thank you!

I live on the south side of I-20 from where you hunt then. I just gave up a club in baldwin co. Members were nuts. I have a couple of small plots of private land to hunt and am planning on hunting Redlands this fall a good bit. The hog situation is getting bad but it's spotty. I've seen them on the lake, in Del Webb, and even in Reynolds. Yet for years I hunted southern Putnam and we never had them nor on a property I hunted in White plains.

Dschwan

WKR
welcome,
I lived in the Buford area for about 10 years. Spent a lot of time at the drag strip in commerce when I was working on pro stock.

OP
S

Surv3003

FNG
I can hear the dragsters from my house when they run in Commerce.
Luckily no pigs on any of my local spots. Unfortunately no turkeys either.
I may hit up Redlands for turkeys this year.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I just hunt NF and North Georgia WMA lands now. I got tired of people and I go where other people don't go. They have the mature deer there that I never saw in West Georgia as well. It is the hardest hunting I have ever known, but the rewards are potentially damn good.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Get creative. The rut in Arizona is in January. Your son should be free for that adventure.