Gg

Bkimble

FNG
New member but not new to rockslide.. I’ve came to this forum for info for years and finally decided to make an account.. I’m from wv and whitetail hunted, bear hunted, and small game hunted all in the state of wv. Me and a buddy have decided to plan a trip for 2025 out west.. we are interested in elk or Muley.. I know this is a common post on here but our situation is a little different and I wanted to get yalls opinion.. this may be a one time only opportunity for us we haven’t decided on state yet hope y’all can help with that… we don’t want to do outfitter or guide we know that will greatly increase our chances but we appreciate the challenge of earning it on our own.. the whole process of out west is different from here in wv and is almost so overwhelming we thought about just doing a whitetail hunt out west.. so I’ve found several options so far we can do otc is select units but from what I’ve read is those otc units are covered with hunters.. I’ve also read about a trespass fee you can pay to hunt private.. if anyone knows anything about that option I would be interested in that.. also I read where u can buy a voucher from landowner and found a website that gets you in touch with landowner.. so is that the same as the trespass or is it 2 different things.. also I’m new to the whole draw process and that is what is kind of hanging me up the most.. because like I said this will prolly be a one time only sort of thing and we are planning for 2 years out and I would hate to start prepping and purchasing things we would need then come time not draw a tag and just be out of luck.. which I’m sure is a lot of peoples thoughts.. but if I don’t draw a tag is there any other options or just sol… if anyone can help a brother out I would be forever grateful and would gladly return the favor if u ever find yourself in the appalachians and want to hunt or fish… we are both avid bow Hunters but being this might be our only chance to do this with no experience we are more than likely gonna be bringing the long guns on this trip.. we are willing to run and gun different areas or spike camp through one area… we haven’t decided on elk or Muley yet either.. I would love to get a cow elk and buck Muley but statistics say I will prolly just get a great memory which is ok with us too.. thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
You probably won't get any specific info, especially with a first post...a quick google search should find a video of some youtuber providing a public service of telling you exactly how to get tags. The information is everywhere.

My $.02, if its a one time deal and this is for the experience + your already hunters I would just use the gear you have and invest the money you would spend on gear by getting access on private land. Many of the tags you can draw by 2025 are going to be in crowded units and it can be very frustrating if your not familiar with the area. Those damn Youtube videos make it look way easier than it is and everyone needs to stop watching them.:ROFLMAO: