Giant Desert Symbols - E-Scouting

wavygravy

FNG
So I'm putting in the work for my NM desert mulie hunt this fall and I happened across this symbol while looking for campsites and watering holes... It certainly doesnt look like an old drilling pad nor are there any in the area. What am I working with here, ghosts? Bad juju? Alien beacon?

It's located in SE NM and the nearest dirt road / path is around a mile away. I'm interested if nothing else because it looks cool and I like history.Capture.PNG

Bombing target. First one I saw was from an airplane. Had to dig through google earth years ago to figure out what/where it was...

OP
W

wavygravy

FNG
So what you're saying is that there isnt a mythical half mulie, half elk, half bear beast that lives within that target?

Interesting info, appreciate it!

WRM

WKR
So, makes you wonder if all the ones in South America are alien bombing targets.

mproberts

WKR
Waiting for the picture to load I thought for sure it was going to be Trementina base...

Warmsy

WKR
There's an old loran radio station that looks similar. There's used to be a160 foot tower. The big circle is where the guys were anchored to the ground. Are you guys sure about bombing targets?

def90

WKR
Yeah, could also be an old tower site, the corners of the triangle are where the cables were tied down, the trails in between are for maintenance, the circle might have been the fence around the tower itself or they may have ran the fance along the triangle.

WavyGravy's could be a target, there are many of those around NM. Might look up the locations of the 200+ Formerly Used Defense Sites (FUDS) in NM There also were some 'artists' that built "earthworks" using bulldozers.