Glock 20 (10mm) hip or thigh holster recs

Looking for recs/suggestion for a glock 20 holster. Late September caribou hunt. Curious what people are using or have used in the past.

I’ve got an Adak bino harness. Feel like there’d be too much going on in the chest region
I've got an AGC harness I put on after my kenai. I put my kenai on "wrong" (vertical strap over right shoulder instead of left which gives me more of a horizontal gun position and allows me to grip and draw without getting hung up on any straps. I'm sure there's a way to make it work. Hip holsters seem to be a pain with a pack.

Safariland fan here. I like the als holsters on UBl which is a $20 plastic drop holster hanger that will get it below your pack belt.

thigh rigs with straps never worked for me. Chaffing galore. Walk far enough aNd they will start fire somewhere just below your nuts.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider

This has been great for me! Fits nice on the belt of my pack.
“Lastly, every Ivory EMG is infused with Irish whiskey and has been blessed by the spirit of Fred Bear to ensure peak hunting performance.”

I’m in.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Safariland fan here. I like the als holsters on UBl which is a $20 plastic drop holster hanger that will get it below your pack belt.

thigh rigs with straps never worked for me. Chaffing galore. Walk far enough aNd they will start fire somewhere just below your nuts.
Do you wear the UBL on your pants belt and that puts the sidearm down and out far enough to draw unimpeded by the pack belt? Any chance you have a pic or two?

Do you wear the UBL on your pants belt and that puts the sidearm down and out far enough to draw unimpeded by the pack belt? Any chance you have a pic or two?
I do and it does. I will look around and see if I have any pics.

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for recs/suggestion for a glock 20 holster. Late September caribou hunt. Curious what people are using or have used in the past.
Me and my wife both have kydex holsters that attached to the bottom of your Bono harness. They worked great. No issues at all. Unless you strap a thigh holster so tight that it cuts off circulation they will move around a lot. The problem I see with one on your pack belt is people say they will take it off when they set there pack down. Like when you are butchering your animal and they don’t! If you are going to need it it will probably be at that time. Gun shot is a dinner bell for a Grizzly and you don’t want your side arm 10’ away when he might come calling. I carry a 460 Rowland an my wife carries a Rock Island 10 mm.

DCAN

FNG
I have used both styles for the 30 years I had to wear a pistol to work. Other than looking cool, the thigh holsters tend to flop around and catch on everything. Hip holsters were the go to for "everyday" wear. Hip holsters aren't the best for hunting, unless they are attached to something other than your pants belt. Seems they are always in the way and complicate the wearing of a pack with support belt. Just my opinion.

Wags

WKR
The thigh rigs are for the “tactical“ guys that dont hike far.

Anyone whos ran with one on and wore one maneuvering over/under obstacles and terrain knows how much drop leg's SUCK. They're extremely uncomfortable, IMO & experience. They look cool in pics though and that's really what matters right?....

Personally I say take your pick of Kydex holsters & mount it where you feel it's most comfortable for your body and gear layout. Then I'd make a point to practice drawing and engaging from whatever you choose with the pack on to work out any kinks.

kpk

WKR
I got a blade-tech off a suggestion from someone here on the slide. I ordered the drop/offset bracket and also a paddle. Much prefer this over the chest rigs and will be super easy to move from pack belt to pants.

Vandy321

WKR
I’ve got an Adak bino harness. Feel like there’d be too much going on in the chest region
I wear my G19 on a kenai under my bino harness, the pistol actually sits between the pack belt and the bino harness up a bit higher with the handle of the pistol coming just below the lower bino harness strap...easy to draw and never in the way. They aren't really stacked right on top of each other.

Razco or kenai on your chest or like said safariland als, do molle to your belt or get a mid ride or low ride to clear you pack belt. Orrrrrrrr get both a molle mount for pack belt and a mid ride for pants belt and run a qls fork setup and you can swap back and forth

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk