Glock 20 gen5

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just picked one of these up in the past week, I’m a long time user of the gen3 and gen4 versions (15 years or so now) but I went with the gen 5 because I like the grip (no finger grooves) and the flared mag well as the front docking serrations.

I need to upgrade the sights though just like with every other Glock but I noticed that because the gen5 is cut for an RMR the rear sight groove is closer to the end of the slide than on previous versions.

As suck, some sights would hang off the back of the gen5 not only being unsightly but creating a very real opportunity for getting snagged.

For those of you who put night sights on your g20 gen5, what sights did you go with? I’m thinking the trijicon bright and tough will work well (I’ve used these on my other glocks) but I see ameriglo has som cool stuff as well.

Anyways, which sights did you go with, if you don’t mind, could you post a pic of the rear sight/slide from the side?

Thank you!!!

I’d go with the standard trijicons. They have very little hangover and have worked well for me for 20+ years. I like the standard 3 dot/square sights though, always shoot them better than the U notch or 1 dot sights.

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
Have you considered fiber optic sights? I really like the Dawson’s and would use those again if I were to buy a new G20 or G40. One caveat is that they aren’t coated with a super rust resistant coating but I’d repeat my purchases of a bunch of them.

The previous recommendation for Trijicon’s is the way I’d go for traditional night sights.

I’m a full red dot convert and enjoy researching this stuff. Personally, a G20 for woods and general use would get a Deltapoint Pro and Dawson FO front and black rear.

Let us know closer to what you have in mind and we can find something. Glock sights in my mind range from the cheaper triangle shaped versions with no overhang that would work on your pistol to the ones with the more finished looking overhang. I’m sure they make those for your MOS if you want that. You like white circles or no?

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Have you considered fiber optic sights? I really like the Dawson’s and would use those again if I were to buy a new G20 or G40. One caveat is that they aren’t coated with a super rust resistant coating but I’d repeat my purchases of a bunch of them.

The previous recommendation for Trijicon’s is the way I’d go for traditional night sights.

I’m a full red dot convert and enjoy researching this stuff. Personally, a G20 for woods and general use would get a Deltapoint Pro and Dawson FO front and black rear.

Let us know closer to what you have in mind and we can find something. Glock sights in my mind range from the cheaper triangle shaped versions with no overhang that would work on your pistol to the ones with the more finished looking overhang. I’m sure they make those for your MOS if you want that. You like white circles or no?
I may get an RMR down the road but right now I’m looking for just some low profile night sights that won’t hang off the back of the pistol. Ideally I’d have a different color of tritium on the front and rear blades. It looks like the trijicon bright and tough (standards) will fit that bill and I’ve used them in the past so why fox something that isn’t broken.

Normally I’d have zero issue with using a sight that extends past the dovetails but with the gen 5 that would hang off the back of the slide and that is just a no go.

I also need to put some sights on a g26 so I’ll probably try something a bit different on that pistol just for fun.

Any recommendations on a sight pusher for Glock pistols?

BjornF16

WKR
I run Ameriglo CAP sights on my Glocks. The rear sight is “classic” Glock style in the sense they have same profile as OEM but with tritium (they don’t protrude any further rearward than OEM).

Disclaimer: My G20 is Gen 3

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations on a sight pusher for Glock pistols?

It sounds like you had a good plan.

Hopefully someone will chime in with experience in some of the cheaper options. I have an MGW Sight-Pro and it works beautifully but they are pricey.

BjornF16

WKR
It sounds like you had a good plan.

Hopefully someone will chime in with experience in some of the cheaper options. I have an MGW Sight-Pro and it works beautifully but they are pricey.
I have the MGW as well.

The Ameriglo CAP sights I run have high viz orange with green tritium in front and yellow tritium rear

Late to the party here but I had this same question for a while. Ended up sending a Trijicon pair back that didn't fit due to the MOS slide and got this Ameriglo set which fit perfect. I don't ever plan on putting a dot on this guy so this is how it'll run.

G20.5 Sights.png69896223714__39265C4E-8432-4A79-A489-4A66B7EC603E.jpeg

Have you shot the Gen 5 much?
Any 200g and up?
I have a gen3 sf and getting ready to get it milled for a rmr.The finger grooves have been removed with small grip reduction.
Just wondering if there is any reason to get the Gen 5.
I don’t want an mos as im set on milling.
Some say the Gen 5 is a upgrade and some say a update but not really a upgrade per say.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Any 200g and up?
I have a gen3 sf and getting ready to get it milled for a rmr.The finger grooves have been removed with small grip reduction.
Some say the Gen 5 is an upgrade and some say an update but not really an upgrade per se.
I’ve put around 1000 rounds through my gen5 at this point. Pretty much everything g other than a few random bullets I was testing have been in the 200-220g range and I’ve settled on the 200g for woods carry.

The gun has fed and fired every single thing I’ve put in it with zero issues. No jamming, no accuracy problems nothing.

All that to say that my gen4 was the exact same way so the only real upgrade for me is the lack of finger grooves (not that they bothered be on the gen 4, but I like the 5 better).

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Any 200g and up?
Some say the Gen 5 is a upgrade and some say a update but not really a upgrade per say.

The only thing I would say is definite "upgrade" are the Gen 5 barrels. Standard button rifled barrels vs the polygonal (not great for cast bullets) and increased accuracy.

Ambi slide release and the frames and slides were made a tiny bit chunkier by .1".

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
So the Gen 5 barrels are better suited to the hardcast?

Yes . Underwood coats their hardcast, at least the boxes I've gotten. Not sure on buffalo bore. Probably not as bad a lead cast since it is an alloy, but the grn 5 barrel will have less problems with leading.

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
Ameiglo Hackathorn is a good option also. Just like the sights BuchshawBoush uses except with an all black rear. That big front sight just falls into place for me.