Glue for inserts?

cmeier117

WKR
Anyone used the Gorilla glue impact stuff for gluing your inserts? It has rubber in it and is suppose to do well with impacts. I have heard a few guys swear by it and was curious if anyone on here has used it? They also have a new gel formula which is thicker and sounds like it may work well?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I use Easton's glue 12 bucks a bottle but it dries almost immediately and no curing time. Ive put in inserts and 5 mins later shot my arrow into a 2x4 and pulled it out without loosing the insert. I highly recommend the stuff. Most Archery shops carry it.

I either use gel super glue (but you better be quick getting the insert seated) or Max Impact insert glue.

trk3263

WKR
I just started doing my own arrows and read to use Goat Glue over on AT and it works great haven't had any issues and dried fast.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I was going to use Goat tuff impact glue. Heard great things about it. Just have heard from a few that the Gorilla super glue with rubber in it for impact protection Is working really well.

jmez

WKR
I use the Gorilla glue but not the impact stuff. Have yet to have an insert come out. You also can't knock one out with the old drill bit trick either. It should work well, the regular stuff does.

J-Daddy

WKR
Depends on the arrows I'm building...On my 3-D arrows I use Loctite gel in the black bottle...It's the impact resistant stuff.
On my VAPs this year I'm gonna use the Easton 2 part epoxy made for the HIT inserts...That stuff has always been tough as nails for me and I've never pulled an insert out with that stuff.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Thanks guys for the tips! I have some V tough glue from Vanetec I may try. Seems like a lot of guys have had good luck with a variety of glues.

SDHNTR

WKR
Aae Max Impact and you will Never lose an insert. I've tried it all and by far the best.