GMU 62 Road Situation

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone been to GMU 62 lately or last season? I pulled a 1st Rifle tag for out there this year and im curios how the road situation is up there. Would hate to get there and not be able to get to my Plan A spot due to the roads being iffy. Is Divide Rd still drivable? What about some of those side roads between 25 Mesa and Divide Rd? If anyone has any info thatd be super helpful as I probably wont have time to get out there before the season starts.

Thanks!

svivian

WKR
Do you know if those side roads are accessible by ATVs only or would a mid-size make it?
What should be on those roads versus what will make it are two separate things. There are quite a few resources that list what roads are open to certain types of vehicles. With that said during hunting season you could find a 1 ton pickup down some roads I wouldn't take a taco. There are roads all over the place up there, alot will not be on a map, you will have to figure them out and watch the weather to determine if the road will be usable or not.

Phaseolus

WKR
We camp and recreate up there regularly, including a couple of times so far this year. We live close by and Grand Mesa has too many mosquitos. Divide road is never a problem until snow shuts it down. It takes a lot of snow to close it, chances of having a large enough snow storm to close for more than a few hours is very low first season. There are many trails and quite a few side roads. A generalization would be trails are open to 50” or less in vehicle width. If you like pounding yourself up and scratching your vehicle on the thick brush roads will be ok for you. I’d have an atv less than 50” wide If it were me For mobility Under any condition. I might have a better answer regarding specific roads If I knew which ones you were interested in.

OP
A

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, i appreciate the feedback! Good luck out there!