Gobble Report

RMM

WKR
With seasons starting to open how has the gobbling been in your state?

I'm leaving after I get off work at 1130 tonight and driving to West Virginia to hunt for two days before I have to come back to work. Would love to be able to hunt my home state but for some reason we open super late.

hfk

FNG
NC checking in. I had one bird gobble on the opener (4/9) that I was lucky enough to kill. Hunted a permit this last Friday and they were on fire. I still couldn’t get it done. 5 different birds gobbling on the roost and then a handful of gobbles throughout the morning. I’m thinking they were henned up hard. Or I’m telling myself that to feel better after getting my tail kicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RMM

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Utah is gobbling. Hopefully this weather pattern stabilizes for the youth hunt!

OP
R

RMM

WKR
Spent two days in WV. People everywhere. Literally a truck at every access point. Tuesday was miserable. Snow on and off all day and 15mph winds. Heard one gobble on the roost and ended up getting one to answer a long ways off. Wednesday was a little better. Heard two gobbling on the roost, drove to an access point and there was already a truck there. Decided to check out a different piece of public and got one to gobble. He was within 75 yds of me but would only answer cuts. Never laid eyes on him.

JGross1

FNG
Season opens Saturday here in Michigan. Not much gobbling around my area other than on the roost. Birds are in large bachelor groups.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
Been hearing gobbling here in SCVA. They haven’t been too fired up when they hit the ground. You just have to find the right bird. My buddy and I both killed last week. Going to have a go at it again Saturday morning