Going from 10x42s to 8x32 Geovids - feedback

schmalzy

WKR
Considering making the switch. Currently have 10x42 Victory SFs (which I really, really like) but after rifle season this year I started considering it on following points:

- I missed having the ability to range while using binos. I had to range a buck for my partner at 650 and it took me a while to pick it up I’m range finder AND then hold steady enough to get a good read. I’ll be first to admit I may just suck at this and no fault of equipment.

- Additionally, the weight savings would be real. Again, could be me just being a little bit of a bitch, but the less weight I can keep on my Bino harness the better. Currently use the SG one, which I really like, but 10x42s and a rangefinder I think start to max it out for my purposes.

- 8x32 FOV is a huge selling point. I almost always have a swaro 65ats with me so I feel like if I really needed to get a close look I have the ability.

- map integration; won’t lie this sounds cool.

- I know there’s some limitation on ballistic solutions etc. It this juncture I don’t think that would ever be of concern to me.

What am I missing??

I hunt Colorado mostly with a little bit of AK thrown in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk