GoLite SL2?

Wondering if anyone has any input on these shelters? There doesn't seem to be a ton online about them, but they appear to be a really nice alternative to a Kifaru for the $$.

Bambistew

WKR
I have one, but haven't used it much. For two reasons...I use my trekking poles daily and don't generally break camp every day. Second is bugs, I generally camp in areas and during times of the year when/where the bugs are thick. A screen is a must, and he SL2 with nest isn't really any lighter than my current tent. I will be using it over the next couple weeks though.

I've thought about sewing in a bug "skirt" around the bottom 8-12". I think that would solve my bug issue. Poles will be purchased soon. I'm planning to use this shelter this fall during sheep season.

gmajor

WKR
I have one and LOVE it. I also have some carbon fiber poles that I got from ZPacks, and a borah bug bivy. The bivy has a silnylon bottom and noseeum top, which I usually leave unzipped and sleep with my upper body out of it/on top of it. I don't always bring these pieces, but even if I did, they add 10 ounces total.

The SL2 is fantastic, imo.

boom

WKR
i had one and just recently sold it.

one of the trekking poles is inside with you. i found just having it there tickled my slight claustraphobia. like i couldnt really get comfy knowing it was riding right there next to my body.

the thing is pretty burly. a couple of dry runs in the soccer fields near my home and i could set it up quickly and very taut.

gmajor

WKR
one of the trekking poles is inside with you. i found just having it there tickled my slight claustraphobia. like i couldnt really get comfy knowing it was riding right there next to my body.

In my SL2, typically two poles are inside with you (unless you're hanging it). If I recall correctly, however, there may have been several versions. Mine is the same as this one, which I find quite spacious:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8455/8029705866_1233535711.jpg

boom

WKR
Right. But one is on the outer edge more. I mis spoke. It's a neat tent for sure.