Weatherby Vanguard Compact Questions

Does anyone have one of these? I'm talking about the Synthetic Compact, not the Compact Hunter.

They look like a nice lighter alternative to the standard Vanguard, but I'm wondering how they trimmed a whole pound off. Can't just be in the 2-4" of barrel length. Is the stock super cheap? Other corners cut to trim weight?

I see the LOP is 13 5/8" with the spacers in, which should be good for an adult. Any other features of the stock that make it awkward for an adult to shoot vs a child? I'm 6' 1" and this rifle would be for me, though I like the idea of passing it down to my son when he's older.

sndmn11

WKR
It's the same stock as any of the other vanguard synthetic choices, just with the adjustable length of pull. The factory synthetic versions are a pressure point stock.

The weight savings comes from the 20" barrel, which is a #1 contour versus the typical 24" #2 contour.

We have three vanguards in the house and my dad has one. The compact version we have is in a @Stockys and so is my wilderness. My wife started out with a Camilla and it is now in krg bravo. My dad's is in a BC stock.

OP
F
It's the same stock as any of the other vanguard synthetic choices, just with the adjustable length of pull. The factory synthetic versions are a pressure point stock.

The weight savings comes from the 20" barrel, which is a #1 contour versus the typical 24" #2 contour.

We have three vanguards in the house and my dad has one. The compact version we have is in a @Stockys and so is my wilderness. My wife started out with a Camilla and it is now in krg bravo. My dad's is in a BC stock.
That makes sense, I didn't think about the contour being a factor.