Gone

TxxAgg

WKR
I have a $40 off $200 REI code good through 11/3/23 if anyone could use it.

def90

WKR
REI is anti gun btw, they are the reason why Vista Outdoors is divesting themselves of all of their friearms and ammunition companies. REI took all of Vistas outdoors brands (camelback, bell and a few others) off their shelves bescause Vista owned companies that made AR15s.

REI is anti gun btw, they are the reason why Vista Outdoors is divesting themselves of all of their friearms and ammunition companies. REI took all of Vistas outdoors brands (camelback, bell and a few others) off their shelves bescause Vista owned companies that made AR15s.
Screenshot_20231023_220933_Chrome.jpg

def90

WKR

Yes, after the Parkland shooting REI dropped Vista Outdoors brands due to Vista Outdoors having brands under their umbrella that manufactured firearms. Vista sold off their firearms divisions in response, REI brought their other brands back.

Vista then sells off their firearms brands:

REI's response after the sale:

"REI: "Today, we notified our merchants that we will resume orders with Giro, Bell, CamelBak, Blackburn and Camp Chef on the news that their parent company, Vista Outdoor, has secured a buyer for Savage Arms.

REI orders of Vista-owned brands have been on hold since March 2018. At that time, Vista Outdoor chose not to engage in the national conversation about common-sense gun safety solutions that followed the tragic mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

REI does not sell guns or ammunition and does not oppose hunting or the Second Amendment, but we believe companies that profit directly from the sale of guns have a civic responsibility to engage in the national discussion about gun safety, as Dick’s Sporting Goods, Walmart, and others have done.

We understand and respect that our members and employees enjoy life outside in many ways—including hunting."

Wellsdw

WKR
Rei is the place i go to try on stuff or put my hands on, right before I order it from
Somewhere else on the car ride home. I support their right to stand by their beliefs and invest in other companies products, so I’m sure they don’t mind that I do the same.…….

Rei is the place i go to try on stuff or put my hands on, right before I order it from
Somewhere else on the car ride home. I support their right to stand by their beliefs and invest in other companies products, so I’m sure they don’t mind that I do the same.…….
Same. 100%

Yes, after the Parkland shooting REI dropped Vista Outdoors brands due to Vista Outdoors having brands under their umbrella that manufactured firearms. Vista sold off their firearms divisions in response, REI brought their other brands back.

Vista then sells off their firearms brands:

REI's response after the sale:

"REI: "Today, we notified our merchants that we will resume orders with Giro, Bell, CamelBak, Blackburn and Camp Chef on the news that their parent company, Vista Outdoor, has secured a buyer for Savage Arms.

REI orders of Vista-owned brands have been on hold since March 2018. At that time, Vista Outdoor chose not to engage in the national conversation about common-sense gun safety solutions that followed the tragic mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

REI does not sell guns or ammunition and does not oppose hunting or the Second Amendment, but we believe companies that profit directly from the sale of guns have a civic responsibility to engage in the national discussion about gun safety, as Dick’s Sporting Goods, Walmart, and others have done.

We understand and respect that our members and employees enjoy life outside in many ways—including hunting."
The rest of the story...