Good hunting arrow? Easton, black eagle?

evan711

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, just curious on other peoples thoughts/experiences. Looking at getting arrows for a new setup, I’m shooting 65# at 31 inches so I’ll be shooting a 300. I’m looking at black eagle rampages or Easton axis but am open to other arrows too. Mainly for whitetail but also hunting elk and bears.

big44a4

WKR
Decide what speed you are looking to achieve and from there the GPI will show you the way.

This is the answer. Build for total arrow weight and go from there. I shoot all BE arrows (outlaws, renegades, x-impacts, rampages, ps27, ps26, ps23) depends what I’m doing. If you don’t like half out or HIT inserts use iron will or ethics etc. Can’t go wrong with either arrow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They'll all work. Just pick one based on the end weight you want and how you want to build that arrow. Then you get into quality specs and durability etc to also narrow down the choices for both shaft and components.

Shaun2390

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure if money is playing a factor but if your leaning towards Black Eagle use code ps2019 for a discount. Black Eagle has great quality arrows I really like the x- impacts if your going for a heavier setup.

enemyway

FNG
I've ran BE and Easton for awhile now and there are no complaints except cost for both of these. My favorites for BE are the x-impacts and rampage. For Easton I like the FMJ injection, axis, and hex. Right now im shooting the pro comps and although very pricey I am liking them so far.

TheTone

WKR
I shot easton acc pro hunters for close to a decade and finally got low enough on them that I decided to switch. I went to BE Spartans and am happy so far. I do wish the insert was the same diameter as the arrow shaft but it’s a fairly minor complaint( get some hang up in bag targets). Only one whitetail doe with them thus far but looking forward to further use with them

Hey all, just curious on other peoples thoughts/experiences. Looking at getting arrows for a new setup, I’m shooting 65# at 31 inches so I’ll be shooting a 300. I’m looking at black eagle rampages or Easton axis but am open to other arrows too. Mainly for whitetail but also hunting elk and bears.
I shoot both. I shoot rampage with my recurve just to keep arrow weight manageable, and shoot axis with my compound. I have tried a pile of different arrows, and I think axis are really hard to beat overall.

the rampage are pretty fragile compared to axis, but that’s the price you pay for low gpi

axis would be my arrow of choice if I had to pick one to shoot forever

Both BE and Easton make great arrows. Components can make or break a setup. Build them as best they can be built and you’ll have a great arrow.
I’m buying rampages after great success with both the carnivore and vintage shafts. I’m going to run ethics components so I can have an insert/sleeve system for strength and durability over time

WCB

WKR
Not sure how you can beat Gold Tip Hunter Pros....I've messed with a bunch of different arrows VAPS, FMJs, CE, Easton Axis...and all the insert outsert things. The Hunter Pros are the most consistent and imo tough arrow I have shot.

cjdewese

WKR
Not sure how you can beat Gold Tip Hunter Pros....I've messed with a bunch of different arrows VAPS, FMJs, CE, Easton Axis...and all the insert outsert things. The Hunter Pros are the most consistent and imo tough arrow I have shot.
This is good to hear. Just bought a dozen XT's and will upgrade to the Pro's if I feel a need. Right now my setup is definitely out shooting my ability.

ndforbes

FNG
I know that we all have our own opinion on arrows. Personally, I switched to the VAP SS last year after years of shooting various Easton arrows and I have been really happy with them.

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot 65# at 30.5" and use Easton Axis 340s with Ironwill Components. I have only managed to break one arrow and thats because it impacted a concrete wall. Other than that, each arrow has been shot hundreds of time and the arrow I killed a buck with is back in the quiver. Shoot for that mix of arrow speed/total weight and build from there. Easton Axis are great shafts. My experience with BE has been positive too.

Last edited:

Bryceo29

FNG
I shoot 65# at 30.5" and use Easton Axis 340s with Ironwill Components. I have only managed to break on arrow and thats because it a concrete wall. Other than that, each arrow has been shot hundreds of time and the arrow I killed a buck with is back in the quiver. Shoot for that mix of arrow speed/total weight and build from there. Easton Axis are great shafts. My experience with BE has been positive too.