Good Kuiu Gear?

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
Zip off bottoms, I don't have an issue with the fit. I love them.
Attack pants are my favorite hunting pants
Peloton 240 is my go to mid layer. Size up.

OP
B
Man, so many people had good things to say about the Peloton 240 and that got me excited until I went to check it out and they're out of stock of XL in the hoodie version but have the nonhooded full zip. Is the hood a deal breaker for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have to hooded version but sold it for the non hooded. The hood was so small and useless for me. When I put the hood on, it would pull up the shoulders of the rest of the jacket and was super annoying.

I've got a bunch of Kuiu and for the most part like it all. My favorites: Merino 145 zip-aways, Peloton 200 zip-aways, Kenai zip-aways, Attack pants, Kenai jacket.

tdot

WKR
Glad I could help. Lol
In all seriousness, when I called kuiu about the difference in sizes/cut she told me to send it back if I didn't like it. Wtf?

That marked my last purchase from kuiu, I'll enjoy watching the crash.

So just to get this straight, you phoned to complain, customer service said you could return it. That pissed you off?

Short of them coming and measuring your thighs, what else would your want?

Now I will admit that their sizing has become inconsistent over the last few years. But if something doesnt fit and they accept a return to make it right, I wouldnt knock them for it.

tdot

WKR
Peloton, Kenai and Yukon. Those three product lines are awesome and the fabrics they used were a step above comparable products when they came out. IMO.

Man, so many people had good things to say about the Peloton 240 and that got me excited until I went to check it out and they're out of stock of XL in the hoodie version but have the nonhooded full zip. Is the hood a deal breaker for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say yes. The Peloton 240 does a good job at cutting the wind. During my AK hunt, I regretted buying the non-hooded 240.

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
Two of my favorite pieces of hunting clothing are the Attacks and Peleton 240 hoodie.

I didnt call to complain, I believed the the merino had the wrong tags attached or were used and didn't want to miss the return window. It was after a week of unanswered emails that I called in to find out if there was a sizing error or they just ran large compared to the other base layers. She had absolutely no clue about the products or the fitment . She should have transferred the call to someone within the company who had a little more knowledge than her, but instead let her ignorance shine and told me " just return them if you're not happy"
I'm not knocking them for her offer to return the items. I'm knocking them for the shitty customer service compounded by an increase in horrible clothing fitment that doesn't match their own size charts. I feel like pricing, quality, and customer service are all relative to each other. If you can't provide the latter two, then your simply selling overpriced junk chinese pajamas just like any other schmuck on Amazon.
I applaud anyone who has good experiences with kuiu products and services, I'm not one of them.

Ps, I'd have to see pics before I signed up for any hands on thigh measurement service.
So just to get this straight, you phoned to complain, customer service said you could return it. That pissed you off?

Short of them coming and measuring your thighs, what else would your want?

Now I will admit that their sizing has become inconsistent over the last few years. But if something doesnt fit and they accept a return to make it right, I wouldnt knock them for it.

The attack pant is by far my favorite all-around Kuiu pant. There are tougher, more lightweight, more waterproof, etc, but these are great for their versatility and price

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Attack pants would be my first purchase. The 240 has way too fragile face fabric to be anything but a layering piece. The Kutana soft shell is a way superior jacket imo. The peloton 97 is an awesome synthetic layering top & the peloton beanie is a staple on cold mornings.

Has anyone tried the strongfleece 210 quarter zip? Supposed to be a durable mid to outer layer with some water resistance. I do a fair amount of brush busting and the 240 doesn't do it for me.

ChrisAU

WKR
Has anyone tried the strongfleece 210 quarter zip? Supposed to be a durable mid to outer layer with some water resistance. I do a fair amount of brush busting and the 240 doesn't do it for me.

Haven't tried a 210 but I love my 260 for a durable mid layer.

37 prior posts, I'll go ahead and derail this without guilt. What do you guys do with all the stickers that come with your orders?