Good Luck Oregon

I've never heard of that website before. Does anyone in Oregon actually read articles from this site or is it just the same 100 crazy liberals anytime this guy posts something?

Am I the only one who gets the urge to hurl when anything is mentioned about Oregon policy, law and politics?
Damn shame, such a gorgeous state run by complete morons, and that's probably too kind.
I completely agree. I keep contemplating leaving the state but think they can't keep messing things up even more... then they prove me wrong.

Fujicon

FNG
More and more Oregon, in a word, disgusts me. The writer of this article is representative of the reason why. The scenery is beautiful, but the extremist ideologues have made Oregon a tragedy, the greatest tragedy in my lifetime.
Being a 5th generation native Oregonian, I know of what I speak.

Dave_S

FNG
‘not an old-school “wildlife management” degree who looks to the best science to guide policy’

Certainly wouldn’t want anybody looking at science!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of that website before. Does anyone in Oregon actually read articles from this site or is it just the same 100 crazy liberals anytime this guy posts something?

Pretty sure that is a newspaper website, probably based out of Salem based on the title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyjunky

WKR
Am I the only one who gets the urge to hurl when anything is mentioned about Oregon policy, law and politics?
Damn shame, such a gorgeous state run by complete morons, and that's probably too kind.
Nope, I throw up a little bit in my mouth each time game management is mentioned in this state.

Pdzoller

WKR
As soon as my wife finishes her degree we are leaving. From the homeless trashing literally everything and leaving needles everywhere to the mismanagement of public land and the indoctrination of children in the school systems. Oregon is not a good place to plan a future.

I make $120k and can’t afford anything other than a single wide on a postage stamp in a high crime area.

My ancestors that settled here would be rolling in their graves.

These two statements early in the piece got me:

“The North American Model of Conservation, which has guided fish and game agencies since the turn of the 20th century, is outdated and no longer an appropriate and workable framework for wildlife management…”

“The new director should be someone with a conservation background, not an old-school “wildlife management” degree who looks to the best science to guide policy.”

Ummm. What?

These two statements early in the piece got me:

“The North American Model of Conservation, which has guided fish and game agencies since the turn of the 20th century, is outdated and no longer an appropriate and workable framework for wildlife management…”

“The new director should be someone with a conservation background, not an old-school “wildlife management” degree who looks to the best science to guide policy.”

Ummm. What?

"...in this age of extinction" was the part where I bounced. If this guy drinks any more of the Kool-Aid he'll turn as red as his commie soul.