Good nonslip material.

I have a SJK bounty 4500. It's a pretty comfortable back at 60 pounds but it starts to slip a bit down after a bit. I am wanting to put some non slip material on the lumbar pad to help keep it in place a bit. Any good recommendations?

Any way you can stuff anything behind the lumbar pad to make it bigger? The problem is not the material slipping more so than it is the lumbar not properly fitting your back. I've dealt with this quite a bit due to my body build and it can cause some serious pain on extreme loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
fort fireman
Any way you can stuff anything behind the lumbar pad to make it bigger? The problem is not the material slipping more so than it is the lumbar not properly fitting your back. I've dealt with this quite a bit due to my body build and it can cause some serious pain on extreme loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've thought of that as well. The lumbar pad is a tad thin but it's kind of a slick nylon material. That was kinda going to be me my next question was how to thicken that up. If I could do both at the same time that would be great. Maybe some close cell foam or something. Idk. That's why I'm kinda brain storming here. I've been hiking with 60 pounds and I'm fine until I get to about the 4 mile point on a 5-6 mile hike. Then it feels like it starts slipping down and then pulling on my shoulders. Of course maybe I'm just getting tired to.

Upcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Many of the pack companies use a fabric called "no slip" or "slip not" on the lumbar pads... Several colors available here....
Other Heavy Durable Fabrics

You could probably simply use some adhesive backed velcro to apply to your pad as it might be tough to sew to an existing pad.