Waistbelt slip

Pgohil

WKR
Been using an EXO K3 for the last 3 years very comfortable with weight under 40 lbs. But when training with heavier, or even hauling meat, I can't seem to keep the waistbelt from sliding down over my ass and putting a ton of pressure on my shoulders.

The slip seems to happen in the lumbar region only. I've added foam and backing to the lumbar pad in hopes it would help, but it doesn't.

Aside from "get a different pack" any advice?

Thanks

PGohil
WV

Scrappy

WKR
The exact reason I sold mine and went with kifaru. Nothing I tried myself or exo recommended solved the problem. Flat back and no butt equals slipping belt, yuck.

I’ve had the same issue with every pack I’ve ever tried-unless I went a size smaller with my waist belt. After I sized down I had no issues. I’ll also say that I wear my waistbelt above my hips, so your mileage may vary.

feanor

WKR
I have some of these problems too. I also get numbness on my legs when tightening down on the iliac crest area. So I’ve been trying to put it higher up. Not sure if it’s just flat butt, back syndrome or what. Keep tinkering I guess.

WoodBow

WKR
I'm no real help but I have also always had that problem. Flat back no butt gang member here also. I bought a k4 this year and have trained a ton with it with 50#s and it doesn't seem to slip at all. I know that's not real heavy weight but I was having slippage with that weight with all previous packs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
I know you don’t want to hear this, but I had the same issue with my mystery ranch and solved it with a kifaru.

TaperPin

WKR
I also don’t have very prominent hip bones and know right away if a hip belt is worth a darn. In the past I’ve modified belts, added foam, even used plastic from a 5 gallon bucket to stiffen the outside of a belt, but nothing is as good as a well shaped belt that’s stiff and rides up on the hips rather than gets cinched hard around the hips.

Luckily there are better packs now than ever. You might look at a better pack with belt that attaches in a similar way and get a replacement belt. It would have to be very similar or it could cause more problems than it fixes.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I'm no real help but I have also always had that problem. Flat back no butt gang member here also. I bought a k4 this year and have trained a ton with it with 50#s and it doesn't seem to slip at all. I know that's not real heavy weight but I was having slippage with that weight with all previous packs.

I listen to a podcast a few days ago Cory Jacobson was talking about having the same problem. And the k-4 has corrected it. These packs are so darn expensive though I hate to buy one without knowing for sure. Maybe next year.

WoodBow

WKR
I listen to a podcast a few days ago Cory Jacobson was talking about having the same problem. And the k-4 has corrected it. These packs are so darn expensive though I hate to buy one without knowing for sure. Maybe next year.
You ain't kidding. That was the most expensive non weapon purchase that I think I have made, related to hunting. I sold some other gear to justify it.

Last year when I got my stone glacier pack - they said their lumbar pad was beefier. Maybe look into that because it seems to have more grab

And even call them to see what their thoughts are
Great cust serv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine has the same issue. he rubs a quality clear silicone on the belt much like the rubber on some pants waistline. works for him.

You can return it within a certain period.

I will say the K4 is better with slippage than my K2 with a K3 belt. I tried a Kifaru Duplex Lite and HATED it but I’m in the minority there.

KUIU Pro was better than previous gen EXOs for my body as well.

87TT

WKR
I bought a K3 belt for my K2 but it still uses the K2 lumbar pad. I had some heavy duty waterproof carpet pad, so I cut a piece and slipped it in behind the lumbar pad. It helped a lot. Currently carrying 48# 3 plus miles a day and it is fine. At 70 not sure I would do a K4 justice or even get it broke in.

Marble

WKR
I have some of these problems too. I also get numbness on my legs when tightening down on the iliac crest area. So I’ve been trying to put it higher up. Not sure if it’s just flat butt, back syndrome or what. Keep tinkering I guess.
I'll get this occasionally. Usually I just need to start again with adjusting my pack and it will get better. When I get somewhere around 75 lbs I can't really do anything about it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's a shameless plug but my buddy and I just did a pack review with a 4 packs including the new k4 and kifaru. I have been eating too many biscuits and too many squats so the kifaru would like crazy on me and the stone and exo stuck like glue. I think if you have a flat back you'll be better off in a kifaru but just my 2 cents. Here's the video if you want our opinions.

OutHeavy

FNG
When you load the pack heavy shorten the yoke so that the distance between your shoulders straps and hip belt is reduced. The heavier weight should pull you hip belt down into correct position and your load lifters should still provide relief on you shoulders. You'll probably have to do this a couple of times to find the right position, but should solve your sagging problem. And if that fails then I think you have to go with:
Squats and biscuits folks.