Got my new Terraframe 50 bloody.

My son tells me he is going to hunt the opening day of a county park for whitetails here in NJ. I wished him luck and said I couldn’t go due to a client meeting.

My client calls me at 1:30 and says he can’t make it so I decided to hunt. I have in my truck my bow and my Terraframe that I have been using for backpack cardio. I have no camo but am wearing khaki hiking pants, I have a brown t shirt to change into after cardio and my elite archery cap. During the season I always have my bow and a stand in the truck.

I get to the park and as I am setting up my second ladder section I have a fawn pop out at 30 yards. I wait and expect it to run off. After a few minutes I decide to get down and continue hanging my ladder and stand. Just as I get my bow up to me I have 4 other deer come out. The wind is swirling and the older doe catches my scent and plays the head bob game for the next ten minutes before calming down. She eventually gave me a broadside shot and made it about 70 yards after the shot.

So glad I had the MR Pack because carrying was much easier than dragging in the crazy thick underbrush of this park!

d41fa4079d6a2db6545191b30f0bb1e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Matt G.

WKR
You had me thinking, what would happen if i did that with a 200 lb buck and guidelight frame? I think i would break lol. Congrats on a nice eating doe!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
F
Awesome. So, what do you think? How did it carry for you?

Jeremy

It worked out great. It was by far the heaviest load I have carried. I have trained with 75 pounds but always put it on and off on my tailgate.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to sit on the ground and get the shoulder straps and hip belt on then realized I had the pack slightly down hill. I looked like a turtle on its back. Took it off put it up hill and with some effort was able to roll over to my knees and then stand up. I was sweating my butt off doing that but it was much easier overall carrying it than dragging it out. I still would have preferred to quarter it but in N.J. it’s illegal on public land. Ridiculous but true.

I was able to walk out to my truck once I stood up in about 15-20 minutes. If I dragged it I know from experience it would have taken over an hour with how thick the underbrush is in this county park.

Congrats. I was reading your post when Elite Archery jumped out at me. I had an Elite when the logo was different and Kevin Strother was there. I still have the water jet or laser cut old logo hanging in my Man cubby hole.

Thanks. You brought back some good memories and Congratulations to you again

31UWVy8.jpg

It worked out great. It was by far the heaviest load I have carried. I have trained with 75 pounds but always put it on and off on my tailgate.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to sit on the ground and get the shoulder straps and hip belt on then realized I had the pack slightly down hill. I looked like a turtle on its back. Took it off put it up hill and with some effort was able to roll over to my knees and then stand up. I was sweating my butt off doing that but it was much easier overall carrying it than dragging it out. I still would have preferred to quarter it but in N.J. it’s illegal on public land. Ridiculous but true.

I was able to walk out to my truck once I stood up in about 15-20 minutes. If I dragged it I know from experience it would have taken over an hour with how thick the underbrush is in this county park.

Congratulations on your new training regimen!

Last edited:

airbuds

FNG
Another episode of things we love to see. Congrats
My son tells me he is going to hunt the opening day of a county park for whitetails here in NJ. I wished him luck and said I couldn’t go due to a client meeting.

My client calls me at 1:30 and says he can’t make it so I decided to hunt. I have in my truck my bow and my Terraframe that I have been using for backpack cardio. I have no camo but am wearing khaki hiking pants, I have a brown t shirt to change into after cardio and my elite archery cap. During the season I always have my bow and a stand in the truck.

I get to the park and as I am setting up my second ladder section I have a fawn pop out at 30 yards. I wait and expect it to run off. After a few minutes I decide to get down and continue hanging my ladder and stand. Just as I get my bow up to me I have 4 other deer come out. The wind is swirling and the older doe catches my scent and plays the head bob game for the next ten minutes before calming down. She eventually gave me a broadside shot and made it about 70 yards after the shot.

So glad I had the MR Pack because carrying was much easier than dragging in the crazy thick underbrush of this park!

d41fa4079d6a2db6545191b30f0bb1e8.jpg

OP
F
Nice harvest, is the doe intact and not field dressed?

It was field dressed. It was a bloody mess because I didn’t have the carcass in a game bag or contractor bag.

I now have my elk game bags and a contractor bag in the pack for the future. It should make cinching the deer in the pack easier too.